Part 29 - A Bad Day

I stopped in my tracks long enough to see Tom push her away. Then I took a step back behind the wall so  they couldn't see me and listened.

"I have a girlfriend, what are you doing?!" He sounded pissed. I closed me eyes and let out a sigh. I was relieved because he obviously wasn't the one to initiate the kiss. I heard footsteps and then Tom came around the corner and ran right into me.

"Shit." He said, startled. 

"Tom..." I trailed off, giving him a very obvious look that I had just seen and heard everything that happened. 

"Abbey... please don't tell Maria." He pleaded.

"Oh I'm not going to. You are. But first you're gonna finish this shoot so you're not distracted and so Maria doesn't try to wail on this girl, okay?" I replied sternly. He nodded.

"You know I didn't kiss her right? She came on to me. I just wanted to use the restroom and she... came out of fuckin' nowhere and-- I would never cheat on Maria!"

"I know, Tom. But Maria still deserves to know..." I said. He looked down and nodded again, then sulked off.

I turned the corner and the girl was still standing there in the hallway. I gave her a dirty look and started to walk past her toward the bathroom.

"Bitch." She said right when I walked past her.

I  whipped around quickly. "Watch yourself. I can have you thrown off this set so fast it's not even funny." 

She rolled her eyes and took a step toward me. "And I could pound you into the ground so fast it's not even--"

"I'd like to see you try." I interrupted abrubtly, getting in her face. She reared her arms back like she was about to push me when Siva came out of nowhere and pulled me back swiftly, out of her line of fire. I struggled against his grip around my waist, trying to lunge toward her but it was no use trying to get out of his hold on me.

"Leave." He said to her curtly, once I stopped squirming against his grip. She looked at him, then at me, and walked down the hall, out of sight. "You've got a temper on you..." He said to me. I looked up at him, still fuming, then he let go of me.

"Yeah well I have a problem with people who hit on my friends that are in relationships, and then try to fight me." I said. "Ugh why is there so much drama when it comes to you guys?!" 

"Who was she hitting on?" Siva asked me. 

"That's not important right now. It would just distract you and you need to be focused for the shoot." I told him. He understood. I let out a sigh and looked up at him apologetically. "Sorry you had to break that up." 

"It's okay darlin'." He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

"Don't tell Nath okay?" I said. He nodded. I walked to the bathroom and when I came out he was still standing in the hallway, waiting for me. I gave him a confused look. 

"Just makin' sure she didn't come back to try to fight you again." He explained. I smiled up at him. 

"You're a good friend, Seev." 

"Back at ya." He replied and put his arm around my shoulders as we walked back out to the balcony. 

Siva let me go and I walked back over to Nathan. I didn't see the model anywhere, but I knew she was still there lurking. I looked over at Tom who had his arms around Maria's waist. Maria still looked happy so I knew he hadn't said anything to her. He looked at me apologetically and I just gave him a light smile.

"It's okay." I mouthed to him, hopefully no one saw. He looked relieved, but I could still see a tint of worry behind his eyes.

 "Shall we go out for lunch?" Max asked.