34. unwelcome

I slowly open my eyes, the bright sun seeping in through the curtains which burns them

I slowly open my eyes, the bright sun seeping in through the curtains which burns them. I take my hand, rubbing my eyes slowly to try to ease the pain. And after a quick yawn, I begin to wonder why I'm alone.

She allowed me to crash here last night. I guess that she could see that I was in no state to go home. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, and whenever I would think about what I'd done, I would cry.

I may act strong, like nothing could trouble me, but last night proved that I'm not.

I take a look around, wondering what I should do. I'm sure that I'm not welcome here, and I would probably get going if it wasn't for the hunger that's taking over my body.

I stand up and then decide to take a quick look around while I can.

Her house is modern and chic, not a single thing out of place. Truthfully, it looks untouched. I can tell that she takes pride in her space hence why she's reluctant to let anyone share it with her. Every single area of the room is spotless and I don't even think there's even one speck of dust around here.

"Hello?" I try to see if she's around.

There's no answer.

But then I hear a noise coming from outside, and because I'm curious, I decide to take a look.

After opening the curtains, I see her immediately. She's sitting on the grass in the middle of her yard, almost like she's in a trance. She stares off into the trees in front of her and I begin to wonder what it is that she's actually doing.

I furrow my brows as I continue to watch her. And as I take a step behind, creating a small crunch beneath my feet, she immediately hears me despite being too far away for it to be possible.

I can see the anger on her face as she looks at me. I then immediately move back into the house, deciding to take a closer look around before she gets back here. I figure that it's probably going to be soon now that she knows that I'm awake.

Taking my chance, I find myself rushing over to her bedroom. I don't know why but I've always wondered what's the deal in there since she's always been so reluctant to let anyone take a peek. She hides herself away in her room and she spends most of her days there.

As soon as I enter the room, I realise that it's nothing special. There's no dramatic reason as to why I can't go in there, it just looks normal. Her bed is neatly made, the walls covered in framed art and a television at the front of the room.

I then happen to stumble upon a book beside her bed. I don't know why but it intrigues me.

And when I open it, I reveal many, many entries that she's written, all dated at the top of the pages. And because I'm so curious, I decide to take a read.