35. manipulation tactics

It's our first rehearsal for the dance event that Michelle and Emily have arranged for the team to perform at

It's our first rehearsal for the dance event that Michelle and Emily have arranged for the team to perform at. But I look around and I'm instantly confused; why are Grace and Presley here? I can't imagine Michelle letting J-troupers dance with us.

I furrow my brows as I stare at them from across the room. Their faces are all cheery, their bodies constantly moving with excitement. I need to figure out what's going on here.

Suddenly, I see Summer so I decide to ask her about it.

"Hey, Summer." I tap on her shoulder.

She turns around, confused, before a smile quickly appears on her face "Richelle, what's up?"

"Nothing." I say, before pointing towards Grace and Presley "Do you know why those two are here?"

"Which two?"

I point again "There! Presley and Grace! They shouldn't be here, this is an A-troupe rehearsal."

She shrugs "I don't know. Does it really matter?"

My eyes widen as she says that "Of course it matters! Do you really think they should be allowed to dance with us without even earning their spots?!"

"Who said they were dancing with us? J-troupers are in Studio A all the time." She says.

"I said they were dancing with us! Isn't it obvious? They have their dance shoes on and leos. Who turns up wearing those and doesn't expect to dance?"

She shrugs "Maybe you should just ask Michelle."

"I- I can't ask Michelle." I remind her that we're no longer friends "I'll never speak to her."

And then I suggest "Why don't you ask Emily?"

"Why would I do that?" She asks me.

"Because you're friends." I state the obvious "Just ask her what the plan is with those two."

She shakes her head, not seeming interested "I- I'm not asking her. If you're really that bothered, just go and ask her yourself. Stop getting me to do everything for you. I'm not at your beck and call anymore, Richelle."

I decide that I've had enough of her. I don't know why she's gotten like this. The Summer I used to know, the Summer who I became great with friends, would always take my side. She'd listen to every word I had to say and she'd help me out. Now she's acquired this annoying, irritating attitude.

I can feel anger building up inside of me, my face turning a bright red colour as I raise my voice at her "Well, fuck you then!"

"Alright, Richelle." She rolls her eyes at me.

I walk over towards the middle of the room, close to where Presley and Grace as warming up. I can't help but glare at them as I watch their every move. And then, suddenly, Presley turns her head and makes eye contact with me.