9. hiding away

Summer's PoV

I'm trying not to think about what happened last night because if I think about it then my whole body fills with anger. I don't exactly regret what I did with her but I regret believing that there was actually something between us. Instead, she ripped out my heart and didn't feel any remorse.

I'm such an idiot! I need to learn not to trust girls. They want sex and nothing more, that's what I need to be reminded of.

I grip my controller tightly as I blow multiple people's brains out on the game that I'm playing. I seem to always be glued to my Xbox nowadays. I just love the feeling of exploring another universe whilst I forget about my actual life.

So I shoot as many people as I can, the sound of the cops approaching quickly behind as I attempt to get away. I love the adrenaline rush that I get from it and how I'm able to be a completely different person.

"Fuck!" I shout as my character is shot.

"Are you fucking kidding me!"

And then I hear something that I definitely don't need to hear right now "Summer! Get your ass out of that room right now! You've got some explaining to do!"

"Oh, shit." I rest my head in my hands.

"Summer!" She screams my name once again.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!"

I walk directly out of my room without hesitation as I know that if I don't do what she asks then she'll make my life a misery. And when I enter the hallway, I'm met by my mom standing directly outside my room, a serious look on her face.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"We need to talk."

I don't have time to listen to her lecturing me "Why?"

"What do you mean, why?!" She raises her voice "What, do you have somewhere else to be, huh?! You got something you want to do that's more important than talking to your own mother!"

"Jesus, alright, I'm sorry!" I try to calm her down.

"Yeah, you fucking should be! You don't talk to me like that, do you hear me?! I'm your mother, you gotta listen to me when I talk to you."

I really don't need to be listening to this right now. I can tell that she's been drinking and I know that she's not happy that I didn't come home last night. But I'm actually surprised that she even noticed that I was gone with how coked-up she probably was.

"Okay, okay, I'm listening!" I tell her.

Unsurprisingly, she says "Now, where the fuck were you last night? I came to check on you and your room was empty. I knew you weren't there when I could actually see inside for once without a cloud of smoke hitting me as soon as I open the goddamn door!"

"I- I was out, I was with a friend." I lie to her, hoping that she'd be fine with that.

"Nah, you're lying, you ain't got no friends!"

My eyes widen slightly "Mom! I- I do, I have lots of friends!"

"Oh yeah, right. Who, Richelle?" She asks me "Cos I haven't seen her for at least a year."