33. take the plunge

"You go first, I'll be right behind you

"You go first, I'll be right behind you." I tell him as he exits the car.

"Alright." He seems unsure about this.

During the ride to the motel, I invited myself over to see his place. I'm sure he's filled with excitement because of that, thinking about how he might be deep inside of me by the end of the night.

And as the door closes, leaving just the two of us alone, she looks at me with a serious look on her face.

"Don't let me down." She tells me.

I shake my head "I- I won't."

She then hands over an important item discreetly and I make sure to quickly place it inside of my bag.

"Now go." She says "I'll meet you back here in an hour."

"Okay, I got it."

And as I open the car door, I feel her hand on my arm, grabbing it tightly.

"And Michelle," she stops me before I leave "Good luck."

I smile, weakly "Thanks."

As soon as I close the door, I turn to look at him, forcing a bright smile on my face.

"You all done?" He questions me, looking behind me at the car "You sure you don't need to give her a kiss goodbye before she leaves?"

I giggle "You're too funny!"

He takes a look at her again as she begins to start up the car "Your friend doesn't talk much. She didn't even say a word the whole ride."

"She just likes to keep to herself. She also doesn't trust strangers."

"But you do." He says.

"I guess I just like to live on the edge a little." I tease, walking over to where he's now standing at the door to his room.

"Well, that's a good way to live."

And as he begins to turn the key, I take one last look behind me. I look at the dark streets in front of me, taking it all in. Because, the next time I breathe in the cold night air, I'll be a changed person. I'll hold a new evil inside of me yet no one will know that this ever happened...

I'm holding onto hope that they won't anyway.

We enter the room and I waste no time in taking a look around. There's an awful smell that hits my nose immediately, bottles upon bottles of alcohol all over the cabinets, empty food trays on the floor.