Chapter 6 Part 2: Why.

Cassidy:

I wake up from an unsettled sleep. I wipe my dried tears from my eyes and check the time on my phone. 6:30am. I jump down from my bunk and head straight into the bathroom, not looking at anyone. I splash my face with cold water and look at myself in the mirror. Why? Why would Perri do that?

I dry my face and head back to my bunk to get changed.

"Cassidy?" Perri says standing by my bunk.

I ignore him and climb inside. I rest my head on the sideboard and close my eyes. I hate not speaking to him. I love him. He obviously didn't feel the same while he was kissing this girl.

"Babe, please can we talk?" He says.

"Are you going to tell me who she is?" I say not opening the curtain.

"Can we please just talk?"

"Are YOU going to tell me who SHE is?" I say repeating myself.

I hear him sigh. My heart aches.

"Please come sit with me... I will tell you who she is..."

I jump down and walk past him sitting down at the table.

"Look, I'm so sorry. It was a mistake. I told her no, I started to walk away but she pulled me back."

"Who is she? Did you know her, or was she just a random?"

"Her name is Lexi... She was an old school friend." He sighs.

"So..." I say bluntly.

"She told be she liked me... I got... I got lost in her eyes when I told her no." He says looking down.

"Oh so that means I can kiss Mitch then- because he said he likes me?" I say.

"No!" Perri says.

"Oh so you make the rules now!" I say shaking my head.

We sit in silence.

"I was with OUR daughter, whilst YOU were snogging Lexi's face off. Great one." I say raising my eyebrows.

Perri places his hand on mine. I look down at it, then back up at him. Tears fill up in my eyes making my vision blurry. I pull my hand away. I shake my head and get up, walking away. I go down the front of the tour bus and sit down on one of the seats, hugging my knees. I stare out of the window watching the scenery change. 

"Cassidy? Are you okay?" Sam asks sitting next to me.

I look over at him, tears pouring down my cheeks. He pulls me into a hug. He doesn't say nothing but just the feeling of his arms consoling me helps.

"I don't know what to do." I say wiping my eyes.

"What can you do? It's up to Perri to make it right." He says.

"Thanks Sam." I smile.

"I'm always here."

Perri:

I sit with my head in my hands. What have I done? I'm so stupid. The love of my life has just walked away crying.

"Pel? Why would you do that?!" Jordan says sitting down next to me.

"I don't know what came over me..." I say sitting up.

"You need to do everything you can to make it better, Cassidy's crying into Sam."

"What!" I say looking up at him.

"Yeah, you've really hurt her." He says shaking his head. "Last night whilst you were snogging that chick, she was looking for you with Ava."

"What have I done..."

"I can't believe that you would cheat on her..." Jordan says sighing.

I get up slamming me hands on the table. I walk to the front of the bus to see Cassidy crying into Sam's chest.

"I need to say something to you." I say.

Sam smiles at Cassidy then leaves to give us space. I sit down next to her, seeing all the pain in her eyes.

"If I could take it back, trust me I would. I was so stupid. I never should of given in to her. I'm so sorry Cassidy. I love you SO much. Words can't explain how much I love you. Please forgive me... I will do whatever I need to make it up to you... Cassidy?"

She looks at me like I've never seen her before. Like she doesn't know me.

"Why Perri? How do I know you won't do it again. What about if Lexi wants you another time? Are you going to go back to her? I never ever thought that you of all people would do this... not after I told you everything that happened with Billy and how he cheated on me..." She looks away choking up.

I place my hand on hers.

"Please, look at me..."

She turns her head. I hold her cheeks and kiss her. Trying to show her how much I care about her.

"This is like the day at the park when I found Billy kissing another girl all over again..."

"Please forgive me. I will never hurt you again. I promise.

Cassidy:

I smile at Perri and wipe my eyes for the last time. I fall into his hug as he kisses my head.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too." I say back.

The thought of the image stays in my head though.