Throwback- Part 2

2012

Kensi sighs as she gets up to answer the door, and she sees Deeks standing outside, so she opens the door, "I am very mad at you, Marty Deeks."

"What? Why? I was working!" He says, "I brought some food, and I know that you can't resist pizza."

Kensi looks at the food, and then at him, she opens the door wider, "You better explain. You left me with Granger as my partner. Granger!"

Deeks holds in a laugh, "I can't say no to Bates, Kens, you know that. He's the one allowing the whole liaison thing."

"Why are you about to laugh? This is not a laughing matter, Marty." She scolds, "He was a pain in my ass, Deeks. At least let me know about things like these before hand." Kensi says, taking a bite out of her pizza.

"He called me just when I was getting out of my car for work today. I'm sorry." Deeks says.

"I'll forgive you if you do my paperwork for today." Kensi sticks out her hand.

"Done." He sighs and shakes her hand.

"You're so evil." Deeks comolains, taking a swig of his beer.

"I know," Kensi smiles, "That's the beauty of this friendship."

Deeks chuckles, "Cheers to that."

-:-

2012

"We're going to start heading back, you guys coming?" Sam asks Kensi and Deeks who are getting ready for another surf.

"I'm staying, I don't know about bubble but over here." Deeks jokes.

"I'll stay." Kensi rolls her eyes playfully.

"Don't get any limbs bitten off by sharks." Callen laughs, walking away with Sam.

"Really? Bubble butt?" Kensi asks.

"From what I slapped, I could tell that your ass is perky and round, missy." Deeks laughs.

"You're the ass here. A hairy ass, at that."
"Thank you." Deeks smirks.

Kensi looks at him afyer they paddle over to the deeper end of the ocean, "So you really like this surfing thing?"

"I love it," Deeks smiles at nothing, "It's not just a hobby, it takes my mind off things."

"Well, you're very good at it." Kensi smiles.

"So are you, I don't know why you didn't tell me that you've surfed before. We could've been doing this together." Deeks lies, face up on his board, letting his legs hang from it.

"You never asked." Kensi cackles.

"Yeah, that was my bad." He looks at her, "I never expected that, uh, we'd ever be this close, I mean, of course we'd have to trust each other even if we didn't like each other for our line of work... But I, uh, never expected that we'd ever develop a friendship.. Especially from someone who hated me."

Kensi sighs, and lies face down on her board, facing him, "I never hated you, Deeks."

"It sure seemed like it." Deeks chuckles.

"I just didn't know you, I didn't know how to trust you, or if I ever even would," Kensi admits, "But I never expected us to come this far either."

"Thanks for being there for me, when no one else is, Kens." Deeks says with his eyes closed, turning his face, refusing to look at her as the words came out of his mouth.

"Hey," Kensi says with a ghost of a smile, "Look at me."

He opens his eyes, caught by the sun, listening to her closely.