Terrified

Since no one's been requesting, I've been getting prompts off tumblr woo so credits to them flkasblfkjab

Also, I've been loving doing some writing about "what if ____ happened instead of ____" so that's exactly what I'm doing here with the end of 5x01 - Ascension. What if Sam and Callen hadn't walked in and Kensi was actually able to say what she wanted to tell Deeks?

Video's attached. Scene starts at 1:38.

This one's short :(

Comment season 10 theories !!

Enjoy.

-Amanda

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Kens, uh.." He looked up at her as she walked farther away from him.

"Yeah." Kensi replied, tense when she turned to face him.

Deeks saw the pain in her eyes and how tense she looked, so he just let it out, "I, uh, I just wanted you to know that the place I went to in my head, to, uh, stop the pain," Deeks struggled, "Was you."

Kensi's shoulders and chest visibly relaxed at his words. He continued, "I just kept thinking about your smile, and your laugh... everything. It was the only thing that got me through... For whatever it's worth."

She observed him, not yet knowing what to say. His eyes were dark and she saw no life in them... Not until he started talking about her. Her heart was just about ready to leap out of her chest; she felt it beating in her ears. Kensi looked around to see if anyone was in OSP, when she was almost sure there wasn't anyone there, she took a couple of steps toward him, "It's worth everything."

When he didn't respond, she stepped closer, two or three feet away from him, and repeated something he had told her two years earlier, "I'm going to be with you every step of the way."

"As long as we're being honest here... I-I, uh, I don't want you to leave." He said, and quietly said, "I need you."

"I don't want to leave you." She said, badly wanting to have some contact with him. And as if he could read her thoughts, his hand found hers in a split second.

"Good, then don't. Don't go."

Kensi's eyes watered again, "The feeling I got when I saw you... the way I saw you is a feeling I never want to experience again... Deeks, I-I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

"So am I." Deeks replied, pulling her into his chest. He carefully placed his hand on her head as he felt her return the hug, "I don't think I can get through this without you."

"You won't have to, Deeks. I'll be right here. I'm right here."