Off I Go (Part 2)

(there's a song in this first paragraph to go with the story, for those of you that can play it, please do, it'll add more effect to the story.)

Deeks continues tredging through the woods, calling out for Kensi's name, with no response from her, but from someone else.

The response is from Callen.

"A little help here?" Callen groans. Deeks stops in his tracks and takes in what's in front of him. Callen's arm is pinioned down by a huge piece of metal from the plane, and due to the metal digging into his forearm, there's a huge cut there, oozing blood. His hand is swollen to the point where his fingers no longer look like fingers.

He struggles to pull off the metal without hurting Callen further, "Yeah, no, this isn't working."

"Know what?" Callen grits his teeth, "Get me that rock over there."

"Callen, that's not a-"

"Deeks, get me the goddamn rock!" Callen says sternly, making Deeks hand him what he was asking for.

"Count to three, and I'll break the metal with the rock."

"You're hand is going to break." Deeks warns.

"I just want to get up from under here, and help you, so count to three, Deeks."

"One... Two..." Deeks starts, and Callen raises his arm to bash the metal, "Three."

Callen's screams echoed through the woods.

-:-

Sam lays his head back against the tree trunk behind him, and he suddenly hears the sound of footsteps moving through the leaves. He's about to stand up to check what it is, but he remembers his situation when he feels pain coming from his thigh.

"I-I heard your voice." Kensi says, dragging her feet toward Sam.

"Kensi!" Sam says in relief, "Are you okay?"

Suddenly, Kensi's body starts shaking, and her legs give out, making her fall next to Sam, and everything to go black.

"Kens, Kens." Sam shakes her, and checks her pulse, which is a little quickened

"Deeks!" Sam screams as loud as he can, "Deeks, Callen, Nell! Someone!"

Deeks and Callen are the first to make it to Sam and Kensi, and Deeks's heart rate quickens as soon as he sees Kensi on the ground.

"What happened? When did she-?" Deeks starts.

"She came here just now, and just passed out." Sam explains calmly, even though he's the complete opposite.

Callen sits on the ground next to Sam, looking at his leg, "What happened?"

"I think I'm going to lose it." Sam says, referring to the leg.

"Her skin is cold." Deeks says monotonously, holding her to his chest, "And she's shivering."

"Start a fire, and someone get Nell." Callen says, getting up, and looking for the plane's first aid kit. As soon as he steps foot into the cabin, he sees the pilot's body, which is covered in blood, and in a very uncomfortable position. Callen turns his head, and continues looking for the kit until he finds it, and leaves the plane.

"Eric's dead." Nell says as soon as she arrives, and sees Kensi, "Is Kensi dead?"

"No. And she's not dying." Deeks says defensively.

Nell sits by Sam, and stares blankly at the trees in front of her, as Deeks starts a fire, feeling dizzy himself.

As soon as the fire is started, Deeks sits in front of it, holding Kensi to his chest. Night's already fallen, and no chopper has found them. Kensi begins waking up, something heavy on her shoulder, and a warm body beneath her.