Spoils of Love

yo yo yo

if y'all have any prompts or requests for me to write, hmu pls

i'm desperate, yet i have some ideas, but i just want some from you guys pls pls pls

anywhore, this one is an alternate Afghanistan situation... meaning that there is no torture or ptsd; just an ordinary, successful mission

-Amanda

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Deeks, will you chill?" Eric huffs from the passenger seat of Deeks's Mercedes.

"I can't chill. You can't tell me to chill. Would you chill if this were Nell?" Deeks paused briefly to get an answer from Eric, but received nothing but silence, "That's what I thought."

"But, Deeks, buddy... Could you please just, like, not break all the traffic laws in Los Angeles?"

"Ah, that, Eric, is what is done for love."

"Breaking traffic laws?" Eric rolls his eyes.

"No; speeding through the highway to get to the other half of your thing."

"Thing meaning?" Eric makes a face.

Deeks huffs, "Agh, forget it, man"

-:-

Deeks kept pacing desperately across the floor in the waiting area in front of the gate Kensi is supposed to come in through. Eric was already becoming dizzy from watching pace back and fourth.

And back and fourth... And back... And fourth...

"Deeks, come on! Sit down, you're making me dizzy."

"You're judging me so much today it's-" Deeks is interrupted by a crowd of people walking through the waiting area and to their loved ones and/or rides.

Deeks expected Kensi to be one of the first people out, but surprisingly enough, she was one of the last. But when she saw the familiar shaggy head of hair, she ran into his arms and it took everything within them to not make out with each other right then and there. 

They stood hugging until they were interrupted.

"Um, I'm here too." Eric chuckles awkwardly.

"Hi, Eric." Kensi laughs, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Ready to go?" Deeks asked.

Kensi nodded with a small smile on her face.

-:-

After Eric is left at his place, Deeks takes Kensi to hers. 

"How was the mission?" Deeks asks for the third time as he helped her unpack.

Kensi looks at him and snickers, "It went smoothly. As said for the third time."

"I, uh, yeah, sorry about that." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Why are you so nervous, Deeks?"

"Nervous? I'm not nervous."

"You sure?" She stepped closer to him. 

He stepped back, "I'm sure."

"Deeks."

"Are you ready to talk about what happened?" Deeks asked abruptly. 

Kensi breathed in carefully, "About what?"

"You know what." 

"I don't know, Deeks. I don't want to lose you in any way, shape, or form. I have no idea what I'd  do if i were to."

"You're not going to lose me, Ke-"

"How do you know that I won't?" She said with her eyes flooding, not letting him finish his sentence.

"I just know you won'-"

"How?" Kensi's crying now, her voice raising.

"I just do, okay?" Deeks says, "I do."

"I ran into Jack up there."

Deeks feels a hot sensation in his stomach, "You did?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you bringing it up now?"

"He made me think about all of this. About you. And me... Us."

"Us? What about us?"

"I really want us."

"You do?"

"Yes."

"But..?"

"But, again, I won't be able to cope with losing you."

"I promise that you won't. I swear it."

"Swear is a big word, Deeks."

"Why do you think I'm using it?"

Kensi sighs tearfully, "Are you sure?"

He steps forward and toward her, grabbing her face and wiping her tears, "I've never been so sure about anything in my life. Not even when I bought Monty a leather jacket."

"Ass."

"I'm sure."

"Okay." She kisses him.

"Okay."