A Little Under The Weather

FOLLOW MY NCIS LA TEXT ACCOUNT ON INSTAGRAM @VELVETKENSI PLS

-AMANDA

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sneeze.

Sniffle. Cough

"KENSI, I'M DYING."

"Deeks, you just have a cold-"

"I SAID I'M DYING."

"Why are you screaming if you're dying, then?" She says, coughing into her elbow.

Deeks coughs, "I need to get my point across."

"I told you that you'd get sick if you cuddled with me." Kensi chuckled snotfully, rubbing his scalp.

"Make me some soup." Deeks sniffled, "Pretty please."

"I can't make you soup, because I'm sick too, so it looks like we're in a predicament." Kensi coughed.

Deeks pulled his phone out from under is butt, "I'm going to call Nelliphant."

"Nelliphant?" Kensi sniffled, "What in God's name is a Nelliphant?"

"A nickname," He paused to sneeze like four times, "A nickname I came up with for Nell."

"Oh my God."

He dialed her number and she picked up after the third ring, "Hello?"

"Nelliphant."

"What did you just call me?" Nell asked confusedly.

"Can you, uh, bring us some soup and tissues?"

"Deeks, Eric and I brought by two boxes of Kleenex for each of you."

Now it's Kensi's turn to yell, "You did, but guess who used them all?"

Nell laughed, "Fine, fine. We'll be right over... Do we let ourselves in?"

"You're the best, best, best Nelliphant out there. And yes, you don't even have to ask anymore."

"Thanks... but genuinely curious... did the mucus flood your brain or...?"

"Bye, Nelliphant." Deeks hung up before she finished her thought.

"Actually, I'm curious, did the mucus flood your brain?" Kensi asked with a serious look on her face.

"I surround myself with the meanest people, man."

-:-

For the last fifteen minutes, the couple has been building houses of cards, which Deeks keeps knocking over with his sneezing. They're currently on their sixth house.

"I swear to you that if you sneeze, I will literally push you off this bed." Kensi says placing the last card on their seemingly perfect house of cards. She went to grab her phone for a picture.

"I'll try not to, Kensa-aachoo." He sneezed, consequentially knocking over the house with the blow.

Once Kensi turned around, Deeks made a run for it.

"Why are you making me run?" Kensi whined, and ran after him.

Now, they're on either side of the counter, Deeks coughed, "What are you going to do now, huh, Kens?"

"Deeks... Stop being such an ass."

"Kensi... Stop chasing me around the house."

"Truce?" Deeks went around the counter with his hand out toward her.

Kensi narrowed her eyes at him, took his outstretched hand, and bent it behind his back, "I'm not trucing!"

"I feel like fifteen levels of betrayed, right now." Deeks said as he fell onto the floor with Kensi on his back.

"You ruined my flawless house of cards, my love, and for that, you will repay."

Deeks looks at her cheekily, "Repay?"

"Keep it up, and this'll be all you're going to be payed."

"So this is what you do when you're sick?" Eric says from the door.

"He ruined my house of cards."

"So I've heard." Nell said, a smug look on her face.

"She's bullying me."

"No, she's not, drama boy." Nell said.

"We brought your soup and tissues." Eric lifted some paper bags.

"Oh, good," Kensi let Deeks go with a thud, "He was whining about it too much."

"You people are so mean."

"But you know we love you," Kensi smiled and kissed him.

"That, I do."