Elevated

okay hello again

let's take a moment to be blessed by daniela ruah's new hair-do

bc like wow

but anyway, i came up with a thing after scrolling through tumblr for too long so let's pretend that the whole car explosion and Deeks being fired didn't happen at all, but Kensi and Deeks did have the fight and he's still considering not wanting to be in law enforcing while doing the op at a hotel and for some reason they take the elevator after they had the fight and uh their elevator suddenly decides to stop working :)

Enjoy !

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"...I don't think we should be getting married, then." Deeks said with a pained expression decorating his face.

Kensi takes a shocked step back and takes a minute to reply, processing his words, tearing them to shreds in her brain, trying to figure out if he meant them or not. And when she replied, her voice breaking, she questioned him about it, "You, you're choosing to do this now; to call off the wedding?"

"I mean, the-these are big questions, don't you think?" He answered, his eyes pooled up with tears as he looked at her broken expression, "I mean, don't you? Whether or not we're gonna have kids? Some sort of agreement of what our future looks like?"

"You're saying to me that if I don't leave my job, you are leaving me?" She asked, growing more and more desperate, her voice breaking even more, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"That's not fair; that is not what I said-" He started, trying to remain calm.

"That is exactly what you just said to me!" She roared.

"Baby, that's not what I said. That is not what I said!"

"It's exactly what you said to me, are you kidding?"

Deeks started saying something, but Kensi cut him off by walking away.

"Kens, baby, please don't do this. Please. Can we please talk about this? Can we try to figure this out?"

Kensi let out a dry, yet tearful chuckle, while still stomping toward her destination, "Huh, Deeks, I think we just did, didn't we?"

"No, we didn't." He grabbed her forearm to make her stop walking and face him; she did, "We just had a goddamn screaming match in a hotel parking lot. That doesn't seem much like figuring shit out to me."

"Deeks, let me go." Her eyes already spilling out, "Please."

"The last thing I want is to let you go, Kensi."

Kensi sniffled, "Let go of me. We need to go back."

Deeks nodded and let her pull her arm out of his light grip and silently followed her into the elevator. Normally, he would be joking about all of the active STDs quietly floating around the elevator, but he didn't think it was the time to be joking. So they filed into the elevator and she pushed the button to the second floor of the hotel.