Chapter 7: Passage. (Part 3)

The way back to the gym was peaceful and though my attention wasn't at its highest, I couldn't detect anyone following us. My senses now however were a far cry from what they were before. Before I could even dodge a bullet shot at me from a blind spot. Now, unless I was already looking in their direction, I would miss quite a bit.

We entered the gym to a strange scene. Fiona, the new hire was behind the reception desk but strangely moving up and down. Her head, visible from where we stood would dip in and out of sight.

"Umm what are you doing?" Aria asked before I could.

She immediately went into an embarrassed blush, standing up, "S-sorry we were just messing around."

"There I told you I could do a push up with you on my-," the new figure popped up, face flushed. He spotted Aria and I and blanched. My first thought was that Aria was certainly right, the young man, barely older than a boy, had a cute appearance. If you were to dress him the right way, it would most definitely confuse some people. The name tag 'Finn' was stuck to his chest, declaring who he was.

"It's okay to mess around a little so long as you do your work but keep it in check," I smiled to ease their minds. "We'd rather not weird out the clientele."

"I-Umm- sorry I was-," he tried to explain but couldn't.

Fiona piped up, "It was my fault. Finn was saying how he could do a push up while wearing a 40kg vest and since I weight about the same...."

"You decided to kneel on top of him?" Aria cracked a laugh. "I think you two will fit in fine here. Though like Ardy said, keep it in check."

"Sorry," they both apologised.

"Though that's really impressive," I had to comment. "One, being able to do a push up like that and two, being able to balance on someone."

"It-it wasn't actually a full push up," Finn admitted.

"Still impressive, just don't hurt yourself by pushing too far." I held the bag of ingredients up, "Do you two have lunch today? If you'd like, we have enough for you as well."

"Oh umm sure, thank you," Finn answered for them both and together we entered the kitchen which also acted as the staff room.

As Aria and I began to prepare the food to make sandwiches, I couldn't help but notice Finn's gaze continue to flick my way.

"Did you want to ask something?" I turned to face him as I finished cutting the salads.

"Umm well," he looked at me nervously, "I-is this really you?" He held up the picture of me we used in the flyer. It was a picture of me before I started working out and beside it was the me now. "Did you really change this much in a month?"

"Yes, I did," I nodded. "Though I honestly don't recommend it. I went pretty hard on the exercise and if it weren't for Zen, I wouldn't have been able to do it safely. Also, even with the same training you may not get the same results, my genetics are actually pretty good."

"But is there a chance?" he asked with sparkling eyes.

"Well, there's always a chance," I couldn't say anything else, not wanting to lift his spirits or deflate them.

"Then I'll try hard!" Finn nodded fiercely.

He was a good kid, though seeing him I was right to think that the gym had attracted another weird person.