Chapter 22: Greetings (Part 2)

"Haha it's good to see you again," Erin greeted Aria with a hug as the two drew close. "I didn't expect for you to call me so soon. Did my charm get you?"

"My brother said it was a good opportunity to see the city from a local," Aria explained.

"Well, I'm not a local but I've been around before," Erin put a hand to her chest. "You can trust me to be your guide."

We stood together as a rather outstanding group in the hotel lobby. With the girls' hair being quite unnatural and Vanter with his stupidly handsome face, I was the only relatively normal looking person in the group. Since we had the day to explore and Erin's phone number, we thought it was best to kill two birds with one stone and Erin was more than happy for the company.

The day went quickly as we hit the city and enjoyed the opportunity to be tourists. Erin was a charming and charismatic guide, ensuring that we were all cared for. A lot of her content for Areithia was reviewing locations and exploring, the fact she had a knack for it in the real world as well was a blessing. As the late afternoon came and we eventually had to split ways, the girls were quite tearful promising each other to meet again.

"I'll make some time during the convention to show you around as well," Erin promised as she hugged Aria. "I can even get you to some of the backstage rooms."

"That would be great!" Aria replied as she firmly pressed into the hug. "I've only known you a day and I wish I could steal you back home with us."

Erin laughed, "We still have time and we can always meet in Areithia. I hope to see you on the convention floor later!" She departed for her room and to prepare for tomorrow. I should have been doing the same considering we'd be against each other.

Aria saddened as she left, "Ardy do you have to beat her?"

"Well no, but I feel like I can't just let her win," I replied.

"I know but she's just so sweet! I'm definitely supporting her in the future."

"Just don't go too far," I somewhat feared what Aria could do.

Aria turned to us, "I'm going to head back to the room for now, what are you three going to do?"

"I'll go with you," Endi smiled.

"I might get a drink with Vanter," I answered for the both of us.

Vanter nodded, "I guess I'm going to get a drink."

The girls left and Vanter and I sat down in a quiet corner of the hotel bar with a drink each. Not even a minute later Ana joined us. She was sporting a nice pair of sunglasses and very casual in a crop top and shirt. A light tan had started to affect her skin from being out in the sun.

"That girl's in trouble," Ana took my drink and leaned back in her chair. As surprised as I was, I didn't mind it as it was behaviour the Ana I knew would casually do.

"You noticed something?" I asked as I ordered myself another drink using the table service. Vanter and I had been keeping an eye out but couldn't notice much. Then again, compared to Ana who was a long serving body guard, we couldn't compete. The problem was Vanter and my senses weren't bad either, despite the distractions of the day we would have been able to spot a stalker with ease. When it came down to it, Vanter was one of the best scouts in the world after the Fall.

"They kept their distance well and moved inconspicuously. The only reason I was able to track them was because they were watching her like I was you."