Chapter 19: Awkward. (Part 2)

I couldn't believe what situation I was being forced into. In one way it was what I wanted but in the majority of ways it definitely wasn't. It was too soon and there was still a lot of work to be done. Yet regardless, Vanter had pushed things onto me faster than I could ever expect. I sighed nervously. I was standing close to the centre of the market street where I first spotted Endi. Behind me a planted tree surrounded by a low brick wall acting to keep the dirt in place. I wasn't sure if I felt more like the tree in the breeze or the dirt beneath it.

Endi came into view, the evening sun behind her. I couldn't help feel my heart thud with nervous discomfort. Her soft blue hair was tied back in a tail and a smile on her lips. She was wearing cream coloured pants and a short blue shirt that matched her hair. An undershirt covered her stomach and a pair of sunglasses covered her orange eyes. In comparison to her stylish look, I felt lacking in my grey shirt, blazer and rather normal jeans.

"Hi," Endi greeted me rather shyly. "Umm you look great today."

"And you look more than great," I replied in kind.

A light blush crossed her cheeks, "D-did my brother tell you what this was for?"

"He said you wanted to get to know me better."

"Yes!" she paused, looking at me through the darkened glass covering her eyes, "Can I consider this a date?"

"Yes you can," my heart gave in. She was different to how I remembered her yet the same. I couldn't help notice however her eyes were searching the area around us. "Is something wrong?"

"No umm nothing," she focused on me again.

"Do you have anywhere you'd like to go?"

"Yes, well," she shuffled on the spot, "I invited you so I did plan a few things. Is that a problem?"

"No," I smiled. "Lead the way."

"Great!" without missing a beat she took my hand, a moment later however she dropped it realising what she had done. "I'm sorry that was rude-."

I gently took her hand again, "Lead the way."

"O-okay," her face reddened again as holding my hand she began to walk. I couldn't help but smile as I reminisced about the Endi I knew and the one now. Endi was a women trapped between two races. Elven women were taught to be calm and sincere, nurturing of others and not to show emotion openly. The Oni however were a people of energy, instinct and passion. They took what they wanted and were blunt. The Endi I met was several years from now and someone who had come to terms with her linage. The one before me was younger, holding herself back but trying to let herself be free at the same time.

I lightly squeezed Endi's hand, causing her to shudder, "So why did you want to get to know me more in the first place?"

"Well, a few reasons," Endi began laughing awkwardly. "You were really cool in the tournament. When I saw you, I couldn't help wondering how you did it. It was like you were just that much more determined than everyone else there. Then there's the fact you're friends with my brother." Her grip tightened, "My brother never spoke about you."

"Vanter and I haven't known each other long." At least in this timeline. "But despite that the two of us got along really well."

"Is that so? It kind of makes me jealous." She suddenly stopped, "Here we are!" To my surprise she had led us straight in front of the local fast food burger chain. It was food you could get anywhere. Endi's eyes however were shining, "I keep seeing their ads on the TV. Doesn't it look nice? Have you been here?"