7

*Sonic's POV *
"What? You said for me to get you Shadow's chaos emerald. It's what I did. Now you let me go." I glared at Eggman which only made him laugh.

"Oh don't tell me now you've got a soft spot for them again? You tried to kill them not long ago." Eggman reached for the emerald but I quickly pulled it away.

"Set. Me. Free." I growled at him, my fur turning a darker color, letting him know I wasn't messing around. "You needed me to get this emerald from Shadow because he was too strong for you."

"Now I need you to get the others. It should be easy, they're not as strong as either of you. I can do it myself, send Metal to kill them all for the emeralds." He grabbed a control, the one he always used to call Metal, he pressed a button and Metal marched in.

What can I do?

"What are your instructions?" Metal said as he stood beside me. I knew he didn't want to do this either but he had to obey.

"I need the rest of the chaos emerald, do whatever you must to obtain them." He was about to release Metal when I stopped him.

"I'll get them myself." I said. "Give me a day to heal."

"I wouldn't have to wait with Metal." He added but gave in. "Fine. One day. Now give me the emerald." I did what he asked for then walked out with Metal.

There was nothing for me to heal, Shadow had left bruises and cuts but they healed quickly while I had the emerald with me. I wondered how Shadow was healing now that I had taken his.

The day I was given to rest was soon gone and I woke up to Metal leaning over me making me gasp and sit up quickly causing my head to collide with his.

"Ouch." I rubbed the spot where I hit my head then looked at him and threw a pillow at his face, it slammed into him and fell while he seemed unfazed. "Don't just stare at me while I sleep, that's creepy!" I shouted then got up, picked up the pillow and set it back down on the bed.

"My apologies." He sat down. "You will confront your friends in battle, today." He said as I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

"It's not like I haven't been doing that the past few months." I shrugged.

"You have only engaged in combat with Shadow." He pointed out, I walked out of the bathroom as I fixed my fur.

"I know. Shut up." I said knowing it wasn't going to be easy. "I just." I stayed quiet for a bit as I started to mess around with the device I had been working on. "This is useless! I'll never been able to set you free." I groaned and threw it back on the bed. "We need to find another way out. There's no way I'm going to go see them again." I shook my head.

"You may abandon me." Metal said making me snap my head back at him then slap him, only hurting my hand in the process.

Right. He was made of metal. How could I forget?

"Depart." He said. He really thinks I'll leave him?

"Look man, you and I are getting out of this together. TOGETHER. Understood?" I said and he nodded. "Good. Now. Where does Eggman keep his failed robots?"

*Shadow's POV *
A whole day had passed and neither Eggman or Faker had shown up. We hadn't heard anything which made us question if something had gone wrong. They had what they wanted so what were they going to do now?

I couldn't stop thinking about Faker and how he had even managed to become immortal. I wondered if he did it himself or if Eggman did that to him. Nevertheless, it was a problem, did he know what it meant to be what I am? Was he aware of what will happen next and for the rest of his life?

I couldn't stop thinking about our last fight as I kept looking down at my hands. I had actually killed him, he would had been dead by now if it wasn't for his immortality. I couldn't believe myself, why had I done that?

I knew I disliked Faker but I had even told myself we would capture him and find a way to stop him, to snap him out of it. But in that moment, all if that was gone and all I could of was to kill him. What was wrong with me?

"I still wonder why he only went after you." Rouge said and I shrugged. I didn't want to talk about it, my injuries were already fully healed but I still felt a bit tired.

"You should go home and get more rest, Hun." She said as I remained silent. We were currently at our office at G.U.N.  I didn't say anything but I stood up and chaos controlled home, keeping my communicator with volume just in case anything happened.

Just as I was about to lay down, I sensed something was wrong and immediately charged a chaos spear as I walked around my home examining every detail, feeling like someone had been here. Just as I finished looking around and finally let my guard down, my hands were grabbed and turned behind my back then quickly taken somewhere.

When I opened my eyes again, we were in front of a metallic door that was spitting out fire and smoke. I turned around to see who had grabbed me, only to come face to face with Metal himself.

"Together." He said as he handed me back my emerald. I didn't know how to react at having Metal right in front of me, he gave me back the emerald he had fought so much for. "Sonic." He pointed at the door making me tense.

He was in there?!