16

*Sonic's POV *
Shadow and Rouge left, leaving me alone in the house since Tails had gone out. This past week, everyone had tried to convince me to get out of the house but I kept refusing.

I walked down to Tails lab and saw Metal laying on a table. Tails had told me he was done with him already but was afraid of turning him on, not sure if he'd go back to his original programming on trying to kill me.

I kept thinking about him and couldn't help but worry and remember how much he wanted to just be free. Metal and I were on the same boat currently, if he went out, people would try to hurt him and hate him because of everything that he did to the city and to the team but all he ever wanted was freedom.

I walked closer to him and hesitated but sat down at Tails computer and turned on Metal. I was hoping for the best as I got closer, standing beside him as I saw his eyes turn on. They glitched for a brief moment then he turned to look at me, he quickly sat up and kicked me away from him.

I gasped for breathe as I fell to the ground. Soon enough, Metal was on top of me and quickly stabbed me with his metallic hand.

"M-Metal...!" I managed to yell before he stabbed me. I shouted instantly in pain as I coughed up blood. I spat it out and kicked him off with the force I barely had. "I-its me. Try to remember, please." I sat up and rested back on the wall, holding my wound as I rested my head back as well.

Metal was about to attack me again but I raised my hand as if to protect myself and he stopped. His eyes glitched again then he fell to his knees in front of me. He reached his hand closer to my wound then restracted it, hesitating.

"It's okay." I reassured him. "It'll heal. Soon." I knew with a chaos emerald it would be faster but I didn't have one with me so it would take a while.

"My apologies. I did not intend to." He said and I shook my head.

"That's okay. I'm just glad Tails was able to fix you. Eggman is gone, the team took care of everything for us. You're able to be free now. Shadow, Rouge and My mother took care of G.U.N. Shadow is there right now with Rouge to see what's going to happen." I took in a deep breathe, trying to breathe but the pain was making it impossible for me to do so.

"What was done to you?" Metal asked but I shook my head as I remembered what had happened.

"I- I rather not say." I said and he nodded. He got closer and copied the way I sat down. Ever since we became friends, he'd been copying a lot of my actions like a little kid. It was interesting to see. "I'm worried about what they're going to do to Shadow since they saw he was the one who git us out."

"I am able to investigate their status." Metal offered. I stayed quiet for a bit then slowly nodded.

"Can you? I just want to make sure they don't do to Shadow what they did to me." I said and he stood up. He picked me up and took me to the guest bedroom and put me down on the bed.

I closed my eyes and passed out.

*Shadow's POV *
"Well, that was fast. They kept glaring at you, lucky the queens guards were there to make sure they wouldn't get close to you." Rouge said as we walked out, agent leaving the building with boxes full of their stuff. Aleena had made sure G.U.N would not do something like this again by shutting it down.

"Yeah." I said answered with a nod as we kept walking.  I was about to say something else when I looked up and saw Metal standing in front of us. His hand covered in blood.

Rouge gasped and dropped her box, I put mine down and dashed to him, kicking him to a tree as I growled.

"What did you do?" I snapped at him as I charged a chaos spear.

Faker and I may not be able to die but we still felt pain. Knowing everything Sonic had been going through lately, it made my stomach turn at even imagining that Metal hurt him again.

We shouldn't have left him alone at the house.

Of course he would go out of his way to turn on this robot without safety.

"I did not intend to. He is resting." Metal raised his hands as if surrendering. My ears perked up and let go of him the chaos controlled to Miles house. I walked past the lab and dropped my ears at seeing the blood on the floor.

It was too much. I didn't see Faker anywhere else in the house until I reached the bedroom we had been sharing and finally found him passed out. I sighed in relief when I saw him breathing.

Somehow I was worried that he may not, that he really indeed was not like me, in the same situation I was.

It was selfish of me to want him to have the same problem I did, wasn't it? After all, he'd be losing more than me.

"Shadow.?" He whispered, I could breathe now.

"You're an idiot." I growled at Faker and slammed the door close as I walked out of the room again. "Stupid!" I shouted back then chaos controlled back to where I had left Rouge and Metal.

I grabbed my boxes and walked to my own home without saying bye to Faker before I left. I assume he'll know I went back home after he sees I won't be sharing a bed with him anymore.