9

*Shadow's POV *
I let him leave. I didn't care about Metal, for some reason what Faker was saying told me that Metal wouldn't hurt anyone. He didn't seem like he would anyways, he seemed like he just wanted to protect his new friend.

I rolled my eyes when Faker immediately stopped smiling once Metal left. "Don't hurt him ever again." He said to me, his fur changing to darks color but he couldn't continue, he looked shocked for a second. "What did you do?!" He shouted angrily.

I pulled out a needle shot which was empty and showed it to him. "Miles created this to prevent you from turning into your friend." I said making him growl.

"What do you want? You're going to try to kill me? That's not going to work anymore." He said, and somehow, I knew his words were nothing but pain. I got closer to him and untied him making him tense lightly.

"If you don't want me to go and hurt your new friend then you'll stay here and clear some things for me." I went to the kitchen to grab something to drink and poured it in a cup, then walked back to him and handed it to him.

Faker snatched it from my hands and chugged it without a second thought. "That could've been poison."

"Don't care." He said as he put the cup down and stood up, moving his wrists around. "What do you want?"

"Your friends-" I was cut off making me glare at him.

"NOT my friends." He said but it only angered me more.

"Your friends." I said again which caused him to cross him arms. What had happened to him. "They are worried about you."

"So?" He shrugged and proceeded to try to walk past me, I raised a hand and placed it in front of his chest to stop him.

"You're not going anywhere, Faker." He slapped my hand away making me finally snap and pinned him down. "I don't know who the hell you think you are or what you think you're doing but you're going to listen to me. You can't die, but I will make sure you suffer if you don't cooperate." I snarled, our faces close enough to where I could feel his breathe touch my muzzle.

"You'd know about that, wouldn't you? I've heard about what they do to you, Shadow." He smirked making me grab his neck roughly. "I bet you don't even fight them anymore and just take the pain." His last sentence took me by surprise. "You do, huh? I guess we aren't that different anymore." He gasped for breathe. "You want it to end just as much as me." I raised his head then let go, roughly throwing him back down.

"Why do I even bother when you're already torturing yourself." Now it was my turn to piss him off because I was suddenly kicked and dropped on top of my coffee table, instantly breaking it. Faker was growling as he towered over me while I was on the floor. I stood up and skated to him trying to punch him but he kept dodging.

We continued fighting like this, he dodged then I dodged, he punched then I did. Breaking a bunch of stuff around my house but I didn't care. Or at least didn't at the moment.

It wasn't until Rouge and Miles walked into the house that we finally stopped. Panting heavily as we grabbed each other by the neck, Faker pinning me to a wall as we both looked at the door where our two best friends stood in shock.

I glanced at Faker who's hand seemed to relax when he saw him, I knew he still cared about them. Why was he acting this way?

"Sonic...?" The fox said which made Faker suddenly growl again then let go of me, banging my head against the wall.

"Metal!" He called out making my ears perk up.

He was still here?

Suddenly Metal stood beside him and quickly attacked the fox and Rouge which they immediately dodged. I groaned in pain and glanced around when I realized Faker wasn't in front of me anymore.

"Where'd they go?!" Miles asked as the house suddenly got quiet.

They escaped.

*Sonic's POV*
"Thank you." I said to Metal as we walked back to Eggmans base. It would be the last place Shadow would look for me at plus we needed to confirm that Eggman had died.

It wasn't long before we found his body, the fire and the debris had caused his death, a bunch of concrete had fallen over him, pinning him to the floor with no way to escape. I looked at Metal who stood looking at his creator.

"You're free, officially." I said to him but he still didn't look at me. "You don't have to listen to him anymore. You don't have to worry about him bothering you or hurting you ir attacking you." I said trying to see his reaction but he was a robot after all, there was no way to tell what he was feeling. "You're finally able to rest."

I looked down at my new bruises and cuts that Shadow left me. We had been fighting for a good while before we were interrupted. I was thankful that Metal was still there, acting for me because I had frozen when I saw my old friends. I knew I would never be able to fight them the way that I can fight with Shadow.

Shadow was able to heal fast, he was able to dodge my attacks and not die from anything, he hated me too which only made it easier on me to hurt him. I didn't want to, I trusted Shadow and cared about him but when Eggman had told me that I needed to take HIS emerald instead of the others, I was relieved. I was relieved I was not going to harm the others. As tired as I was of everything, I didn't want to ever hurt my friends. Even though I did in a different way.

"That applies to you as well." Metal said snapping me out of my thoughts and looking at him in shock. My eyes suddenly getting teary. "Finally." He looked me in the eyes making the world stop.

Finally.

I was finally done with Eggman.