22

*Shadow's POV *
We were currently at Rouges house, everybody except for Sonic. They had all decided to gather around in secret so they could talk about Sonics progress. I was beginning to annoyed at everything I was hearing, they were so clueless as to how the Hedgehog actually felt. How could they call themselves his friends?

I was finally about to say something when my communicator rang, a bright red color appeared on the screen as Sonics name flashed. An emergency. Everyone was quick to quiet down as I answered.

"HELP ME! METAL HAS GONE CRAZY!" Sonic shouted and hissed in pain as we heard things being thrown. The video turned on to see Metal jumping at him, dedicated to hurt Sonic.

I Chaos controlled everyone to Miles house where Sonic had been staying at and saw the front door broken down. Suddenly, Sonic started shouting in pain, his screams could be heard from outside the house.

My ears perked up as everyone started running inside to see Sonic holding his head in pure agony as Metal looked down at him. Metal was holding one metallic glove, the ones that Eggman had put on him as one was already on Sonics hand.

My vision turned red as I started growling and grabbed Metal then snatched him back, throwing him across the room. I turned to look at Sonic who was crying holding his head, he started growling and crying tugging into his ear trying to scratch something off. I was about to walk to him when I saw Rose summon her hammer to attack Metal.

"No!" I stopped her by grabbing the hammer away from her. "Don't hurt Metal." I said knowing well how Sonic felt about him.

Sonic kept shouting and started shaking. "The gloves!" He snapped. "Give me the gloves!" He glared at our direction until he finally spotted metal holding the other glove. "NOW!" He got up and dashed to Metal, passing me and snatching the glove away from him.

I was about to stop him but he put it on before I could. He suddenly relaxed and fell to his knees as Metal immediately turned off. He panted heavily as his eyes started to close so we ran to him. Miles caught him since he was the closest to him.

"Eggman was dead." Sonic whispered.  "And we destroyed the remote." He looked down at his hands. He stood up and walked to the kitchen then grabbed a knife and walked to the restroom. Miles and I followed him since we were concered and saw he raised the knife to his ear.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I growled as I snatched the knife away.

"Eggman implanted something in there. I want it out!" Sonic shouted back. "The ringing stopped when I put the gloves on, now I have to worry about what these gloves will make me do next."

"Sonic, I can remove it for you." Miles grabbed Sonics hand and pulled him closer to see his ear. "I can see something there. It's not so big, I can get it out. Let's go to my lab." He dragged him away. "Shadow, send the others to look at Eggmans base and see if they find anything. I need you here to keep Sonic in place. For some reason he only listens to you." He whispered to me after Faker went into his lab. I nodded and told the others what to do.

I met Miles and Sonic in the lab and made him lay down on the examination table since he was refusing to do so. I quickly saw him start to panic so I made him get back up again.

"Miles is your friend, Faker. He's not going to hurt you." I reassured him and he took in a deep breathe then nodded.

I started to realize how much Sonic was relying on me and somehow, it didn't bother me. I was actually glad Faker was trusting me and opening up to me, he wasn't the same as he used to be with everyone else but with me, he kept breaking down his wall. It was strange, stranger that I was okay with it but I really didn't mind.

Sonic laid back down and tried to stay calm as Miles got closer with his equipment.

"I'm going to have to put you to sleep. Is it okay?" He asked Sonic who glanced at me but nodded at Miles. I took a chair and sat beside Faker, my hand on the table near him but not touching him.

"Why is he so soft with you so suddenly?" Miles asked after Sonic passed out and started doing the procedure. "And how are you so comfortable around him all of a sudden?"

"What?" I looked up at him but he kept looking at what he was doing.

"Come on. Shadow, Sonic has been relying on you the whole time he's been back. He hides from everyone else except you. He called YOU to help him instead of me, I am supposed to be his best friend. What am I doing wrong?"

"You're treating him like a kid." I answered. "You're treating him different. I apparently haven't."

"What does that mean? You've literally changed the way you act with EVERYONE, how is that not different?" He rolled his eyes then grabbed a scalpel and moved it to Sonics ear.

"I still get mad at him and beat him up when he gets on my nerves. I'm not treating him that different other than being nicer when he needs it." I started. "I keep getting mad at him when he does stupid stuff, have you told him how you actually felt when everything happened? Or are you going to keep treating him like nothing happened?"

Miles grabbed the hemostat tweezers then reached into the cut and pulled out a small, blinking device. He placed it down then started stitching him up. I got closer to see the device since I noticed Miles wasn't going to answer me back. I was about to say something when Miles finished and sighed as he took off the face mask he had been wearing.

"I guess I haven't." He looked at the device as well. "I'm glad you'll be the one to stay with him." He said making my ear twitch. "Your relationship is changing, you two are finally friends, and you make a great team. He's been trusting you with a lot." He looked down at his hands. "You'll keep him safe, right?" He looked up at me and I nodded.

"I'll try."

"You've changed."

"I have."