10

*Sonic's POV *
My day of rest was, as always, short lived. Just as Metal and I walked out of the base, we were both quickly attacked and taken away before I could even see who it was.

"They're not going to cause anymore problems, for sure." I was dragged then thrown inside a cage making em groan.

"Sir, Eggman is dead. We found him." I heard another one say.

"Are you going to tell the Queen, sir?" By the way they were talking I could tell it was G.U.N.

"No. The queen will be told he died. Someone like him can't escape again. We will take care of him." The commanders voice was finally heard, right in front of him. "I finally have you."

I didn't like where this was going.

*Shadow's POV *
"We haven't heard anything about Sonic or Metal in almost a month. I don't like this." Rose said as she paced around her living room.

Ever since that fight with Faker at my place, I had been trying to look for him along with everyone else. We asked civilians but no one had seen him either.

"Guys!" The front door slammed open to reveal a crying fox holding a newspaper clenched in his hand.

We all stood up thinking someone was attacking but the fox walked to us and placed the newspaper in the coffee table in the middle of all of us then pointed at it.

"Sonic the Hedgehog dead?!" The echidna read. My ears perked up and quickly grabbed the newspaper.

"Sonic the hedgehog, son of Queen Aleena and formerly known as the hero of mobious was found dead inside a secret base. Reporters say Sonic found a way to reverse what Eggman did to him and end his own life. Funeral will be held at the grand castle tomorrow evening." There was no way this was right.

That hedgehog was not stupid enough to do such thing. There was no way to reverse this either. He couldn't had died.

"Theres... a picture of him in the back. Apparently Metal is still at large." The fox sobbed and made me turn the page to show a picture of Faker laying unconscious on the floor holding a shot needle in his right hand. "I called Aleena, she says it's true and they even saw him." He cleaned his tears.

I looked up to look at everyone, the room had fallen silent as Rose and the Echidna had tears in their eyes and Rouge was looking at her hands in shock.

There was no way this was true. It couldn't be.

"She said we can all go to say our goodbyes." Everyone quickly hugged the fox except for me who did not do such things and was still in my head trying to figure out how any of this could have happened.

The rest of the day went on as a blurr, everyone had sat down and started telling stories about him. The fox explained to us more about his life and everything they went through together. They all drank and remembered his life, talking about how they felt and all but I remained silent for the rest of the day.

I was currently sitting outside, on top of the roof as I looked up at the sky. I did drink but I didn't feel like it at the moment, I just wanted to think, clear my head about everything that had currently happened.

"Hun?" I looked to the side and saw Rouge landing beside me. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

I wanted to say yes but it would be a lie if I did.

"Faker." I said then stopped. "He saw me at Vanillas once." I said a bit lowly making Rouge scoot closer to me. "I usually go to spend time with Cream, she's the only one that's never been afraid of me." I confessed then shook my head. "I told him that but I could tell he knew I just liked being around Cream and I hated that he knew I had a soft spot but he didn't make fun of me. He just told me he'd never been afraid of me either and then left." I sat up.

"Hun." Rouge was about to say something but I shook my head.

"He caught me crying once, the day of Maria's death anniversary. He sat down beside me and stayed quiet, I didn't know that idiot could do that." I shook my head. "But he stayed there until I was okay to go home." I looked at Rouge. "There's no way, Faker killed himself. As much as I hate that hedgehog, I hate to think that he's gone." I confessed.

Rouge remained quiet, trying to think of what to say. She sighed then looked down at her hands as she hugged her legs. "It's difficult to process such a loss. Blue did so many great things for us, even for you, who kept pushing him away and hurting him. Sonic knew deep down you cared about him and I believe he did even when he passed away. I think he was just holding way too much and couldn't handle it."

"And we didn't make it easier on him." I growled. I had been thinking about everything lately and could imagine how I would have felt if I had been in his shoes. "That idiot was carrying too much and no one bothered to help him."

"You're right." Rouge let out a few tears. "But we can't change the past."

I remained quiet then looked up at the sky.

For once, since Maria died, my heart hurt again.

Faker was gone. He was gone and there was nothing we could do about it.

We let him down.