42

*Sonic's POV*
Metal Shadow didn't waste a second. He skated towards me and punched me to a wall. I gasped for air once I hit it but didn't have time to even open my eyes before I got stabbed by his fingers on my arm, snatching me up and tossed across the room again. The flare gun escaped my grasp as he threw me. Eggman laughed loudly as he hovered above us in his eggmobile, watching us.

I could get back up, I couldn't see what was happening, Eggman had used two chaos emeralds inside Metal Shadow to make him faster and stronger. It wasn't until I was thrown for the 5th time that I managed to grab the flare gun again. I groaned and tried to get up, but the wounds were so deep that I could barely feel my body. I fell back down as I heard Metal Shadow walk closer. He stood in front of me and bent down, then grabbed me by my quills, yanking me up.

I hissed and loaded the flare gun, then shot it at his face. Causing him to malfunction just enough for me to kick him away. I couldn't give up yet, I needed the others to look for Metal, I needed Shadow and the rest to come help me. I needed to stay awake.

Metal Shadow didn't take long before he could attack me again, but this time, I was able to dodge, holding my arm as it bled.

"You're not leaving this time." Eggman laughed, making me growl. "You should be thanking me! Now you'll live forever!" I wanted to kill him.

I launched at Eggman, but my leg was grabbed and clawed from the back of my knee down to my ankle. He could just as easily ripped off my leg. I shouted in pure agony, tears escaping my eyes as I landed roughly on the floor. I couldn't feel my leg. Metal Shadow stomped on me and raised his hand, then stabbed me in the chest, making me spit out blood.

*Shadow's POV*
"There! Go!" Tails shouted to Silver, Knuckles, and Rouge, who went in as soon as we heard the flare gun go off.

"Don't you think that took longer than it should have?" Rose pointed out.

"COME INSIDE. NOW. SONIC NEEDS HELP." Rouge shouted in panic through the communicator.

I didn't waste a second, I skated inside before the rest of them could stop me. Only to be frozen in place when I heard Sonic screaming in pain. I will never forget that scream for the rest of my life. It will forever be engraved in my head.

I dashed where the noise came from only to find Sonic on the floor. Unconscious and beaten up. I saw red. I saw a metal version of myself, but I did not even take a second to think about it before I started throwing attack after attack at him.

"Sonic!" The fox shouted from behind. "There's no pulse." I heard him say, but I continued fighting.

I didn't stop, not even when I saw Mephiles grabbing Eggman, not when Rose started destroying his mobile. Not when Mephiles stabbed Eggman. I kept attacking, denting, and breaking my metal copy with each hit. My anger got the best of me, and I didn't stop even after he shut down. I saw the emeralds come out of him and grabbed them, then ran to Sonic and Tails.

His body lay there, lifeless as he was surrounded by a puddle of his own blood. I grabbed his hands as i knelt down and made him hold the emeralds. I knew he'd heal. I knew he'd come back, but seeing him this was broke my heart.

"You weren't supposed to kill him!" Rose shouted, but I didn't bother turning around. I kept looking down at Sonics face, expecting him to open his eyes.

"Is -" Miles sobbed. "Is it supposed to take this long?" He asked, but I didn't respond. I didn't know. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know the answer.

"Is he dead?" The echidna asked, more footsteps. Had they found Metal?

I finally looked up, Rouge looking down at us in shock and pure horror at seeing how injured he was. Silver stood beside her, with Metal by his side. He ran to us too, kneeling beside us. I looked at Metal, only he knew what Eggman had done to him.

"It takes him longer than you. Due to his injuries, he may remain inactive for several days, but he will activate again." He reassured us. He was missing an arm, I guess Eggman was barely about to work on him before we found him.

I picked up Sonic and pulled him close to me, I did not care if I git blood on me. I looked up at Rouge. "Take care of Eggman."

"Eggman is dead." Silver said as he got up after checking for a pulse. He looked at Mephiles, not sure if any of us cared about Eggman anymore after what happened.

This wasn't how things were supposed to go. We should have been more careful. I shouldn't have let Sonic go in by himself. If only I could stop being so stubborn and finally say how I feel, maybe this wouldn't have happened. If I had stopped him.

"I'm taking him home. I won't be at work for a while." I said to Rouge, then chaos controlled away, with Metal and Sonic. I couldn't care less about work at the moment. I was worried.

What if Metal was wrong? What if Sonic never woke up again? His body started to heal, but he remained without a pulse.

I placed Sonic down in his bed as I sat beside him and remained there, looking down at him, waiting for him to finally open his eyes. Metal, sitting on the floor, waiting patiently as well.

"Please wake up, Sonic." I said in a whisper as night finally came.

*******
A/N:
👀👀👀

Last chapter coming soon.