8

*Shadow's POV *
"He won't die." I crossed my arms knowing well Faker will come out of this alive.

"He will endure pain." Metal said taking me a bit off guard since he rarely said a word to us.

"Why should I help him? He can stay there for all I care." Before I could even finish ny sentence, Metal had kicked me inside, I immediately felt the heat as I fell down the stairs.

"Metal...!" I heard a loud yet quiet shout coming from deeper into the building. I growled at Metal and covered my mouth so I wouldn't be breathing in too much smoke.

"Locate Sonic." He said to me, we heard coughing and suddenly the shouting coming from Sonic came to a stop. I wondered if maybe he had inhaled too much smoke and had passed out but there was a sudden shout of pain.

"AH!!" I tensed up not expecting it and quickly skated in direction to where I heard him screaming. My eyes widening at seeing my rival, his fur almost grey as it was covered in dust and smoke. He looked like he was about to pass out but he was trying his hardest to get the giant broken concrete slab that had fallen on him off of him.

"Shit." I cursed under my breathe knowing I couldn't leave him like this and quickly got to moving.

Metal and I picked it up and while Metal held it up, I managed to pull Faker away from it, just in time before Metal dropped it back down.

"Eggman." Faker mumbled, he was holding onto a control and would not let go of it. His breathing became heavy and his eyes began to close. I ignored his words and turned to find a way out again.

"Where's the exit?" I asked Metal who was quick to guide me out.

Everything was collapsing around us as I carried Faker in my arms, he had already passed out by the time we managed to get out. His hands still holding tightly onto the remote.

I looked back at the metallic door after Metal closed it and put Faker down on the grass. I looked at Metal then back down at Faker and reached for the control making Metal quickly snatch it away from me.

"Control over us is no longer possible." He said as he pressed a bright red button in it making his eyes glitch for a single second. I heard a click coming from Faker making me turn to look down at him, not understanding what was going on until Metal took off the metal parts of the gloves Faker was wearing leaving him with his signature white ones.

"He was controlling you?" I asked as Metal drop the control and roughly stepped on it, breaking it instantly. He picked up Faker and started walking away. "Just where do you think you're going?" I snapped.

"A location for his recovery is required." He said. "You are his enemy." He turned to look at me.

I growled loudly thinking how unbelievable this scene was. He broke into my house so I can save Faker and now he's leaving. Like hell I'll let him take Faker when all he's done is cause trouble and pain for everybody.

"He does not have trust in you, therefore, I do not trust you either."

"He's coming with me." I walked closer to him making Metal take steps back while holding Faker closer.

"Together." He said. "I protect." My ear twitched. Was he seriously going to stay beside him the entire time?

And why did he keep saying 'together' ?

I ignored him and chaos controlled the 3 of us to my place. I took Faker away from Metal and placed him in the couch, tying his legs and his hands behind his back. Metal tried to fight me back but I charged a chaos spear and reacted as if I was about to stab Faker. For some reason, the metal one seemed to care about Faker when not too long ago he tried to kill him.

"The others must not be informed about this." Metal said as he sat beside Faker.

"I'll do what I want." I snarled as I sat down on the single couch beside the one I had placed Faker in.

*Sonic's POV *
Everything was a blurr, I remembered following Metal to where Eggman dropped all his failed robots at and finding parts to make an explosion only big enough to confuse him so we could get away with the remote.

It hadn't turned out like we had planned. The explosion was too strong and created for multiple rooms to collapse as the building caught on fire. Last I remember was seeing debris falling on Eggman as I tried to make a run for it with the remote. He had activated the alarm on my head making me lose control and fall, as I watched concrete falling towards me.

I gasped as I remembered everything and tried to move but noticed I wasn't able to. I opened my eyes and saw Metal sitting beside me but would not help me, I was tied up.

"Let me go!" I snapped, my fur turning dark until I realized the metal gloves Eggman had put on me were gone.

I was about to say something else when I was suddenly punched in the gut making me gasp for air and drop my head back. "Shut it." I looked at Shadow who was standing in front of me now, Metal immediately standing up and glaring at him.

My eyes widened as I realized where I was. "Metal. Get me out of this." I said to him and he nodded as he reached for me but Shadow kicked him away.

"Stay away from him. He's not going anywhere." Shadow growled furiously.

"Don't do that!" I shouted at Shadow as I saw Metal fall back.

All his life Metal had been treated horribly, his only mission was to kill me, get rid of me. But that's not what he wanted to do, he wanted to be free and away from Eggman. I felt that.

I felt exactly the same way making me feel protective over Metal. If I couldn't be free from everything then at least Metal will be.

"Leave." I said to Metal who only looked at me confused. "Leave." I said again.

"Together." He said as he got closer.

"I freed you already, you can go." I gave him a smile. I hadn't smiled in a very long time, I was happy for Metal, he was free now, Eggman would no longer be controlling him. At least something good came out of it. "We got out of there together, now you're free." I said again. He stayed quiet for a while, then he nodded and dashed off.

I knew I'll see him again, we became good friends after all. After things die down I'll surely go look for him.