21

*Sonic's POV*
Having Shadow around wasn't bad, it was just strange.  Especially when he came over and invited me to go out. I guess he knew I would say yes to him than to anyone else. I felt bad about that, I felt like he was stuck with me and was only trying to help me now because he had no way out anymore. But it also didn't feel that way, Shadow acted like I was a burden but whenever I tried to stop and leave, he stopped me.

"So what are you going to do now that you don't have a job?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I just wait. Your mother told Rouge and I that she wants to open up another agency where we would be in charge, she said we are the most reliable and capable for the job." Shadow explained and I nodded.

I hadn't visit my family since everything happened. I had seen my siblings at the picnic a few days back but I couldn't even look at them without having a panic attack.

"That's good, at least you have a plan."

"You're going to work there too." He said, actually basically ordered me.

"Excuse me?" I raised a brow as I stopped walking and looked at him with my arms crossed. "And since when do you control what I do?"

"Since I got involved with you. Since you went mad. Since you became even more stupid than before." Shadow continued on. "You need the job, Hedgehog. It'll get you out of your head."

My ear twitched at him then I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I didn't bother continuing the conversation because I knew he was right but I didn't want to give him the win for it. I kept walking, trying to ignore everyone around us who kept glaring at me and calling me names until someone bumped into me roughly then pushed me back making me fall back on the floor.

I hissed and groaned then looked up to see a civilian staring down at me, an angry look on their face. They were about to say something when Shadow grabbed their neck and pinned them to a wall.

"I'd be careful with what you say to him." Shadow growled at him making him gasp for breathe and a look of terror appear in his face.

My ears perked up at seeing how angry Shadow looked and I quickly got back up then walked to Shadow and touched his arm.

"Let go, Shadow. It's not that big of a deal. He just bumped into me. That's all."

I smiled at Shadow, nervous but I smiled and tapped his arm now hoping he'd let go as I started to see the one he was holding turn purple.
Shadow's hand held onto his neck tighter then he looked at me in the eyes as my hands traveled to his freed hand and tried to pull him.

"Please let go!" I said to him feeling even more nervous as people gathered around.

Shadow scoffed and let go of the man, but charged a Chaos spear and threw it in between his feet. "Be careful where you walk next time." He glared at the man then gave in to my pull and we left. I still held Shadow's hand with both my hands as I tried to quickly get us out of there.

"What were you thinking?!" I snapped at Shadow when we were alone in an alley. He looked down at his hand that I was still holding then up at me and raised a brow. I let go immediately knowing how Shadow felt about touch and then waited for an answer.

"That idiot was about to-" I cut him off.

"So what? I'm used to it by now! You can't just-" He cut me off.

"You shouldn't get used to it, hedgehog! People shouldn't-" I cut him off again.

"There's nothing-" I growled when I saw Shadow was about to interrupt me again. "Let me talk!" I snapped and he stayed quiet. "There's nothing I can do to stop them. They'll probably always feel that way, giving them a reaction like THAT is just exactly what they want! You are going to make things worse!"

Shadow stayed quiet, tapping his finger on his arm as he kept his arms crossed. "Fine." He gave in after a bit. "You're right. I shouldn't had reacted that way but he got what he deserved."

"You nearly killed him." I rubbed my face. "You nearly killed an innocent civilian." I pointed out.

"Innocent? No, hedgehog. That guy bumped into you, he knew exactly what he was doing and if I hadn't been there, things could have gone very different. You think he was alone? Were you not paying attention to your surrounding? I left him with a warning and his friends too." Shadow glared at me. "You can't go soft on others, or things can take a turn for the worse."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Chaos. He had friends waiting for him to take you somewhere empty, a guy was holding a knife as he waited for you and him to go to what I assumed was their planned spot." I was a bit surprised at that. I had to admit, I hadn't paid attention to that at all.

"I didn't know." I confessed making him hum at me in response. "Thank you, Shadow but there's other ways to fix things." I sighed. "You can't just go hurting everyone."

"You can't just go trusting everyone." He pointed out.

He was right. He always was. I was just going to apologize to the guy and keep walking which would have probably been a mistake since I'm sure the guy would have found a way to get me to his buddies to try and finish me off.

Not like there was much damage they could do since I couldn't die. No one knew about that except for the former agents at G.U.N and and my friends. I mean, it came out on the paper but for what I know, no one really understood what that meant other than the people around me.

"Fine." I nodded at him. Giving in. He was right afterall.