2

*Sonic's POV *
"What do you want?" I asked sternly as I watched Metal Sonic get closer, he didn't look like he was going to attack me. He simply looked like he was here to deliver something.

I was not wrong, he soon pulled out an envelope and handed it to me. It had been almost 3 weeks since I last saw him or anyone else. Having Dark take some control caused for some of my quills to be darker than others and I had my quills picked up now, unlike before. I wore a jacket and some dark sweat pants to keep away from people, and I slept wherever I wanted. Currently, I was out by a lake collecting some water to filter out and drink.

"Eggman wants me to work for him?" I chuckled and scoffed as I read the letter inside the envelope. I gave the letter back to Metal and turned away, he wasn't here to attack. In fact, he even looked hesitant to be near me.

I continued what I was doing but soon Metal tapped my shoulder making my ear twitch and growl. I snapped my head back to look at him and glared. He was holding another letter so I snatched it.

"He wants to talk to me? Make a deal?" I read and Metal nodded. I tapped ny finger on my arm as I thought about it. "Fine." I gave in.

Maybe now I could find where Eggman was hiding and finish him off. Finally.

*Shadow's POV *
"It's Eggman again." Rouge sighed in annoyance since she had barely sat down on her desk.

Everyone had spent the past few days looking for Faker just to come out empty handed. It seemed like the earth swallowed him, he was nowhere to be found and no other mobian had seen him either. No one was sure what was going to happen if they were to find him anyways, even the queen herself was looking for him, making us aware of who Faker truly was.

"Let's go, Hun. We can't just leave the others there now that Blue isn't around." Rouge stood back up and walked towards me, I did the same and chaos controlled us at the scene of the fight.

People were running away in fear, more than usual. Usually, everyone believed we would get rid of Eggman before he injured any civilians but now everyone was afraid. Was it because Faker wasn't here? That can't be right.

The fight started like every other one, we separated and took care of our own sections to make sure none of the bots would reach the city or harm anyone but this felt oddly different. Something deep down told me something was wrong here, was this a trap?

Suddenly, more civilians started screaming and there was chaos at the other end of the city. I looked up but kept fighting as I saw mobians running into the forest in fear as a building collapse.

What had just happened? We've never let Eggman do this.

"Whats the matter, Shadow?" I looked up, my eyes widening at seeing Faker laying down on a tree. "Shocked?" He smirked making me growl.

I heard a gasp behind me and I could tell Rouge had seen him too. I charged a chaos spear and launched it at him but a sudden bubble appeared, capturing him in it and making the spear dissappear. Faker laughed and jumped down as the bubble disappeared. It was a shield.

"Eggmans inventions aren't really so bad." He said with a smirk as he looked at his brand new gloves. They had a few buttons in them which I didn't know what they did but one of them caused the shield.

"You're fighting WITH Eggman?" Rouge shouted in shock, Faker could only laugh at her.

"Don't take it personally, Rouge." He chuckled then glared at me once he saw me about to attack. "I'm getting something out of this, I just have to help him a bit. Now Shadow, it's time you give me that emerald." His focus was now all on me.

I growled louder at him and immediately skated off in his direction, another spear in my hand. The hedgehog smirked and spin dashed towards me, hitting my torso and pushing me back. He felt stronger than before, and as I looked back up, I realized I was fighting with Dark.

I was aware of him now after our last fight. Fakers team had told Rouge and I about him and to be careful. They believed it was him who was controlling Faker to act this way but I had a feeling that wasn't true. Faker seemed to be doing this on his own, only calling out Dark when he really needed him to fight.

"I just need the emerald, Shadow. We can skip all of this if you give up." Dark smirked at me as we were now face to face, pushing each other away from the other.

"As if I'll ever give up to you." I scoffed and managed to stab his hand but he didn't flinch. Did he even feel the pain?

"That's too bad. Because I'm not afraid of hurting you." He said in a calm tone, he pressed another button in his right hand and he suddenly held a karambit, stabbing my stomach with it immediately. I gasped and pushed him away as he pulled it out making the bleeding start. I held the wound in  pain. "You'll heal." He laughed then kicked me to the floor. "So easy."

"Shadow!" Rouge shouted and started flying in my direction but I wasn't looking at her. My attention was on Dark as he slowly started turning back to Faker, finally holding his hand in pain.

"Give me the emerald, Shadow." Faker growled at me then kicked my stomach where the wound was. I groaned and took out my pistol, immediately shooting him but I missed and it barely grazed his side. "You-" He stopped as I managed to stand up and attack him again, he kept dodging making me angrier.

Rouge flew in and tried to kick him in the head but Faker dodged. His ear twitched and he jumped back as if Eggman was talking to him. Of course they were. They worked together now.

"I'll get what I want soon." Faker said and dashed off.

I am going to kill him.