38

*Shadow's POV *
"You kissed him?" Rouge said with a very bright smile on her face as she slammed the door open to my office.

"What?" I looked at her. "How could you possibly-" She showed me her phone. Someone had taken a picture of us. I blinked and stayed quiet for a bit, then looked back down at my papers and continued doing my work. "Send me that picture." I mumbled.

"I'm so happy for you two! I can't believe it!" She giggled as she ran closer to me and hugged me. I growled and pushed her away since she messed up some papers. "Who would have thought, Shadow the Hedgehog likes to show off his boyfriend."

My ear twitched as I grabbed my pen tighter, getting annoyed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"There's pictures of you two all over the internet this morning. You two holding hands, you kissing him, you hugged him. There's even one of you checking his injury after you nearly killed the guy who shoved him." I pinched the bridge of my nose, annoyed and mad, but there was nothing I could do. We would always be surrounded by people taking pictures of us. Our relationship was strange after all, after everything that happened.

"Yeah, I saw them all." My ears perked up as Rouge and I both looked up to see Sonic standing by my door. I stood up, unsure why I did so, but I ran with it and walked to him. "Good morning." He said to me and Rouge.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, I could tell there was something wrong.

"I need to talk to the two of you." He said, Rouge walking closer once she heard this included her as well.

"What's going on, Blue?" She asked, concerned.

"Look." He passed us his phone, there were a few missed calls and messages he had left unread of someone threatening him. "Metal is missing." I looked up when he said that.

"I thought he was at your home before I picked you up yesterday?" I asked, and he nodded.

"He was. He was also supposed to be back before I got back, but he wasn't there. I tried calling him and even went as far as going out to look for him, but he wasn't anywhere where he usually went. He leaves sometimes, and I don't know what he does, but he always comes back, I thought maybe he'd be back this morning, but he wasn't there when I woke up." He sounded worried, I knew they'd become very close, and Sonic really cared about him. I knew he related a lot to Metal and wanted him safe, and I knew Metal had gone through enough, too.

"What do the messages have to do with Metal?" Rouge asked.

"I thought nothing at first. Until that last message." He pointed at it.

Unknown: He was very excited for you to eat.

"Metal has been trying to learn how to cook. Yesterday, he left me lunch ready before he left. So I would have something to eat before I left on our date." He dropped his ears. "I need help finding him and figuring out who this is."

Rouge and I looked at each other, then nodded. "We can get Tails team to-"

"I want to help." Sonic said, taking us by surprise. "Please."

"Are you sure?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Fine." Rouge left to call the others, and Sonic was about to follow, but I stopped him.

*Sonic's POV *
"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Shadow asked as he held my hand. He was still holding onto my phone, and he looked mad. "These messages go back for weeks."

"Because this is my new reality, Shadow. If I told you about all the people harassing me online, I'd never finish." I explained and reached for my phone, but he kept going through it. "Stop it." I raised my voice, but he ignored me. He kept scrolling, looking at all the messages I had opened and left on read. "Stop it!" I yelled and snatched my hand away from him, then grabbed my phone.

I pinned my ears down, I didn't mean to yell at him. I just didn't want him to see. He grabbed both my wrists sort of roughly and looked at my arms. "You're driving me crazy." He said, making my eyes tear up.

"I told you I wouldn't do that again." I muttered.

"You may not be cutting, but you're still hurting yourself, Hedgehog." He growled, then pulled me closer and kissed me, taking me by surprise. He didn't care that the door was wide open and anyone could see us. In fact, I think that's why he did it because I heard gasps from what I assume we're agents passing by. "I'm keeping your phone and I'm staying at your house for a few days." He ordered after he pulled away from the kiss.

My mind was foggy now, I couldn't think straight after that kiss, and maybe that's why I agreed so fast. I finally snapped out of it when our friends walked into the room.

"W-wait. No, I don't have where you can sleep. I don't want you sleeping on the couch." I whispered.

"We've shared a bed before." He whispered back then walked closer to everyone else. His expression did not change. How could he be so cool about it? When I could barely keep my heart in my chest at hearing that?

Shadow explained to everyone what was going on and just before Tails tried to get my phone. I got another message from the unknown number.

Unknown: The team is back together, I see. This will be fun.

I looked up to see everyone. Was it someone here?

******
A/N: 5 more chapters to go.
👀