21 , twisted time

It was safe to say, by the end of the day, I had gotten almost everyone on the team hooked onto watching White Collar—though Loki could only seem to complain about the fact that it wasn't fair I had already been able to watch the whole thing. "Well, sucks not being from the future for you, I guess. It's fine, just keep Matt and Ross Duffer alive for another good few years and you'll have my real favourite TV show coming out in two years. It's not even completely released in my timeline, so I don't know the ending either." I said as I stood up, walking over to the kitchen to grab myself some more water before heading up to bed. I smiled as I heard Tony warning the others about something, before I heard him un-pause the show.

Shaking my head in mock annoyance, I bid the others goodnight and made my way back up to my room, deciding to try and have an early night as there wasn't much else to do, and I was quite mentally exhausted from the days events. Besides, I had already watched every episode of the show the avengers were still watching downstairs—so I didn't mind missing out on the first few seasons. It was a bit on an effort getting into bed with my still aching side, but it was already feeling better than it had been an hour ago, which I took as a good sign. I was more worried about the people who had been in the parking lot... and a sudden thought that hadn't yet crossed my mind made me feel sick. I had killed someone. As much as I tried convincing myself that I had had to—that they would have managed to kill me in not, and end up killing Natasha, Tony, Loki and so many others in the process... but it was still hard to think about.

Somehow, after doing my best to block out all the invasive thoughts, I managed to fall into a restless sleep—dreaming about all kinds of random stuff in the few hours I managed to stay asleep for. I woke up with a headache, seeing the sun had just about risen, and thinking very specifically about some sort of grand Asgardian ball being held in the great hall of Hogwarts. It had been one of those way too long, realising and strange dreams—other than the fact that I could vividly remember watching Dumbledore and Thor dancing to a slow song in some sort of dress robes coloured green and gold, which seemed to be the theme of the whole hall for some reason. Natasha had been brandishing a wand at Harry Potter and I was pretty sure I had kidnapped Hermione's cat at one point before I woke up. Very strange dream indeed.

I changed into a loose black t-shirt and leggings, not feeling like even trying with my outfit for the day as I made my way downstairs—Natasha immediately bombarding me with questions about how I felt. "HI. WOAH. Yes, Nat, I'm doing much better. It barely even hurts, really. I'm sure it'll be completely healed in another day or so. Do we have any plans for today?"

Natasha smiled, tossing me a green apple as she replied, "Well, definitely not raining, thats for sure. I think Tony and Bruce have been trying to identify the faces of the two guys who were following us yesterday—not sure if they've had any luck with that yet, but I'm sure they'll find them soon enough. The plans to make sure there are no more people waiting around to finish what they started."

My smile turned somber as I took a bite out of the apple, glad it was cold and crunchy. "You know—I was thinking about it, and... it still makes no sense! Like, they were obviously very clearly trying to kill me right there and then, so it wasn't like they were trying to kidnap me to get some sort of information from the future or anything—even if they did know I'm not from this timeline. But it wasn't that, they just wanted to get red of me, which begs the question... why. They had the bloody scarlet witch and black widow right in front of them! Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense for them to go after one of you two? I don't understand..."

Natasha shrugged, a grim look on her face as she looked at me. "Well, sure, unless they didn't particularly need information from you, but just wanted to make sure we couldn't get anything from you either. Maybe they... I don't know—maybe those people really only had something against us, and by some means found out the powers you possess to help us change the future, so they want to make sure you're out of the way before anything goes down, so whatever happens to us happens." I didn't not notice her pointed look towards me as she finished, as if she wanted me to tell her exactly what happened in infinity war and endgame—but I did choose to ignore the look. "I know its a bit of a stretch, but we have to consider every possibility that we can."