this love is alive, back from the dead

just pretend that taylor and travis aren't famous for this one

5 months before

Travis's POV

I woke up, drowsy from the night before. I couldn't remember much. I knew I went out to a bar with the team. I knew that Taylor was out with her friends at the moment. I was tired and hungover. I rolled over in my bed and caught a glimpse of a woman next to me. What the fuck? Why was there a woman in my bed? I stared around the room. The room was a mess, and the woman's dress lay on the floor next to her. Oh shit.

Present

"You want a drink, Travis?" Ross asked me. I nodded. I stared down at my hands. It had been 5 months since me and Taylor had broken up, ever since I'd unknowingly cheated on her with another woman. I didn't plan on telling her, but I had felt so guilty that I had confided about that night a week after it happened. The breakup had ruined me. Without Taylor, I was this angry, depressed man who didn't give a fuck about anything. And I hated it. "You good man?" Patrick asked. "Please tell me you're not thinking about Taylor again. C'mon, you fucked up. Move on, find another girl." I shook my head. They just didn't get it. Taylor was the love of my life, until that one night. That night was the biggest regret of my life.

Suddenly, the doors to the bar opened, letting in a warm light. A group of women walked in, dressed to perfection. Patrick nudged me subtly, pointing at the tallest of the women. "Hey Travis? Isn't that Taylor?" I looked at who he was pointing to, and indeed, it was Taylor. Dressed in a tight blue dress and tall heels, she was looking stunning like always. Her long, blonde her was cascading in waves down her back and her bright blue eyes were surveying the bar. "Shit!" I cursed, ducking behind Ross. "Cover me!" The guys exchanged knowing glances, then moved out of the way, exposing me just as Taylor looked over curiously. Her face clouded with pain, and she looked away quickly, whispering to her friends.

"Excuse me." I stood up and walked towards the men's bathroom, trying not to look behind me. I closed the door, then turned on the tap, splashing the cool water over my face. I was a mess.

Taylor's POV

Travis Kelce. The man who had broken both my heart and my trust. Why was he here? All I wanted was a peaceful night, out with my friends and I see this man. He caught my eye then walked towards the men's bathroom, probably distressed. I turned to my friends, who were giving me anxious glances. "You ok Tay?" Selena asked me worriedly. "Who are you looking at?" She tried to follow my gaze but failed. "Nothing." I mumbled, dropping my gaze. "I'm fine. Just excuse me for a minute." I walked away quickly, ignoring my friend's stares. I stopped abruptly right outside the men's bathroom, planning to confront him as he walked out.

In the last 5 months, I had dated this one guy, on and off. Matty had never really been the right match, but I had desperately wanted to feel loved again. I wanted the comfort of a man who would love me, protect me, make me laugh. But Matty had never given me any of that. So I had broken up with him, after so long of faked gasps while he was kissing me.

The door swung open, jolting me out of my thoughts, and Travis walked out, his eyes red. "Travis?" I stepped out from behind the door. He jumped, turning to look at me. His eyes widened. "Taylor? Um I've got to get back to my friends now-" I shook my head, my arms crossed. I couldn't believe this man. "No Travis. I need to talk to you. Please." I didn't get why he was avoiding me. He was the one who broke my heart. I looked him up and down, taking in his ruffled appearance, then pulled him into a small corridor.

"So, how have you been?" I asked him. He stared at me, obviously taken aback by my question. He sighed, running his hand through his hair. It was longer than it had been when I was with him. "Well, to be honest, it's been rough." He gazed intensely into my eyes, just like the way we'd always look at each other. I looked down at my hands, my face going hot. "Travis, you know you hurt me." I mumbled, not daring to look up. "We could work it out, trust me. I promise I won't make the same mistake. Please Taylor. I can't live without you." He begged. I felt tears gather in my eyes. "We can't do this. I- I can't go through that pain of getting your heart broken again. You know how I felt when you told me that you cheated? I felt lied to. How long had that shit gone on for? Well, I guess I'll never know!" My voice had risen to a yell, tears sliding down my face. I glared into his eyes, watching him stare right back. And then he kissed me.

Our lips met, wild thoughts running through my head. I relaxed, inhaling the scent of him, my hands instinctively reaching up and holding him closer to me. He broke away, eyes wide. "Fuck, I'm so sorry Taylor. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." I stopped him, putting a hand over his mouth, my other hand wiping the tears that were still sitting on my face. "Travis, can I trust you enough to give you a second chance?" Being honest to myself, I had missed Travis. I'd barely slept a wink since we broke up, without his comforting presence next to me as I slept. "Yes, I promise you, please just have me back." Travis pleaded. I gave him a small smile before kissing him again, this time letting him take control, pushing me against the wall. God, I had missed him. We both broke away together, gasping for air. "We should probably go back now." Travis murmured. I nodded, and he pulled me into his arms. I buried my head in his chest, finally feeling loved again. "Promise you'll stay with me forever?" I asked Travis, my voice muffled by his shirt. "Forever." Travis whispered back, kissing my forehead softly.