bonfire with the kelces

i actually didn't know what to call this one. it's a short, but sweet one, enjoy!

Travis's POV

It was a late Sunday night, and Taylor was coming over to have dinner and a bonfire with my family. Our whole family was already here, including Kylie and the kids. "Uncle Travvy!!!" Wyatt ran into the room and leaped into my arms enthusiastically. "Hey Wy!" I greeted her with equal enthusiasm. "Is Tay coming today?" She asked me hopefully. "She sure is! She'll be here soon, she just got off a plane from London!" I replied, picking her up and spinning her around in circles, her happy squeals echoing around the room. "Careful Trav. Don't want her to throw up before we've even had dinner." Kylie warned me, still smiling as she watched Wyatt stumble around, dizzy.

Suddenly, the doorbell rung, and all three kids ran to the door, I winced at their excited screams as they all fought to let Taylor in." "Alright kiddos, give Taylor some space." Jason chided them, opening the door. Taylor stood in the doorway, dressed in a short, black skirt and white blouse, a gold necklace clasped around her neck. Her heels were ankle height, suitable for a family and friends' get-together. She was sporting her signature red lips, her long blonde hair cascading in waves down her back. She smiled widely as she saw the kids running to her for hugs. "Hey guys!" She laughed, opening her arms. Her eyes met mine over the kid's heads. 

She stood up, and ran into my arms, grabbing my face and pressing her lips to mine. I savoured her lips, closing my eyes and breathed in the scent of her freshly shampooed hair. "Hey, you two, save it for the bedroom." Jason yelled. She broke away, her face flushed red. "I missed you so much." She murmured. "I missed you more." I replied, gazing into her striking blue eyes. It had been almost a month since we'd seen each other, with Taylor busy finishing up the European leg of the eras tour, and me at training camp. And God, it felt so good to see her again.

"C'mon you two, you want dinner?" Kylie asked us, holding Bennett in her arms. "Yep, coming!" Taylor giggled. We walked into the dining room, met by the delicious smell of barbequed chicken. We all sat down around the dinner table, Taylor squeezed in between Ellie and Wyatt. The kids were chatting animatedly to her while she nodded, smiling at me every once in a while. "Alright, who wants s'mores?" Kylie announced. The kids cheered, running outside. We followed them, laughing at their enthusiasm.

We gathered around the fire, roasting our marshmallows. "It's so nice out here." Taylor whispered, resting her head on my shoulder. She was right. We were surrounded by trees, the stars bright above us. The crickets in the bushes were chirping softly, and the autumn breeze was gently flowing through Taylor's hair. 

"Tay!!!" Wyatt shrieked suddenly. She whipped her head around, to see Wyatt running towards her, struggling to hold a guitar that was almost bigger than her. I recognized it as Taylor's guitar, the one she used at the eras tour for the acoustic set. "We need campfire music!" Taylor laughed, taking the guitar and slinging it over her shoulder. "How did I forget!" She giggled. I smiled. She was so good with kids. She started strumming the guitar, a beautiful slow tune.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Lover"

She smiled softly at me. Even though I was aware of five other people sitting around the campfire with me, listening to Taylor's music, I felt like it was just me and her. I ran my hands through her hair as she continued to play, everyone else swaying to the calming tune.

"We could let our friends crash in the living room
This is our place, we make the call
And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Lover

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover
My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Oh, you're my, my, my, my
Darling, you're my, my, my, my
Lover"

Taylor strummed the last chord, and everyone broke into quiet applause. I pulled her closer to me, close enough that she was leaning against my chest. She giggled, yawning. "Go to sleep princess." I whispered, running my hands through her hair. She yawned again and gazed into the stars. "Tay, can you play another songgg?" Ellie pleaded. "C'mon, let Taylor rest. She'll play something for you tomorrow." Kylie beckoned the three kids to her, and they ran over, into her open arms. I smiled gratefully at her. Taylor's eyes were drooping closed, and her breathing slowed. "Is she asleep?" Jason asked. "You can take her inside if you want." He offered.
"Yeah. She's probably really tired from the plane. I'll take her inside." I picked her up gently, walking indoors.

I made my way into the guest bedroom and changed Taylor into one of my t-shirts. Her eyes fluttered open. "Did I fall asleep?" She asked me sleepily, rubbing her eyes. I nodded, wiping off her makeup. "You can go back to sleep now." I murmured, tucking her into bed. She agreed, and I brushed her bangs out of her face. "Goodnight princess." I whispered, gently kissing her forehead. "I love you."

requests?