bigger than the whole sky

tw: miscarriage, yoghurt boy

Taylor's POV

It was an early Saturday morning, the orange and red autumn leaves falling slowly. I breathed in the chilly morning air, snuggling deeper into my grey jumper. I was wearing a black pleated skirt with tights and ankle high heels. I watched Travis set the outdoor table. We were hosting an autumn brunch for my friends and Travis had been kind enough to help set up. I walked outside to join him, bringing out the cinnamon scrolls I had made. "I got food!" I exclaimed, giggling as I set the scrolls on the table. Travis laughed, kissing my nose. "You making anything else?"
I nodded excitedly. "I'm gonna make some chai sugar cookies and pumpkin spice cupcakes!" Travis smiled. "Save me some!" I pushed him playfully, before scrunching up my nose. "Of course I will. You know I always save you something." I squealed as he seized me in a hug, hoisting me onto his shoulder, as if I was a teddy bear. He brought me inside, setting me in the kitchen. "Why don't you get a start on those treats, and I'll finish setting up." He offered. I nodded happily.

A few hours later, and the doorbell rang, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting through the house. I opened the door, and almost everyone was there. Selena, Blake, Brittany, Este, Danielle and Alana were all waiting at the door. "Hi guys!" I exclaimed. God, we hadn't caught up in so long. I invited them inside, leading them out into the backyard, where all of our treats were laid out. "Gigi's gonna be a little late, she's got something on." Selena whispered in my ear. I nodded, laughing as everyone oohed and aahed over my baking.

"Did you make all this Taylor?" Alana asked me, breathing in the heavenly smell of the cookies. "Yep! All of it. Travis has just gone out to get some actual substantial food. I think he's getting a caramel apple casserole." I said proudly. "You really landed the jackpot with him Taylor. You two are actually so adorable together." Alana laughed. I smiled, flushing slightly, tucking a flyaway hair behind my ear. Suddenly, my phone rang, and I answered it, without checking who it was.
"Oh! It's Gigi. Can someone let her in?" I called to the rest of my friends. Blake nodded, making her way to the front door.

Eventually, Travis came back home, carrying a takeaway paper bag that smelt heavenly. "Thanks Trav." I murmured. "No problem." He murmured back, kissing my softly. I heard a giggle from the backyard and turned to see all my friends watching us. "Hey!" I shoved Danielle, who had been giggling at us. "It's not our fault you two are so cute together." She laughed, prompting the others to laugh as well. I rolled my eyes, laughing along with them. Travis smiled, amused. "I'm going to go to the study. I've got a podcast episode to do with Jason." He whispered in my ear. I nodded, before going back to join my friends.

My friends and I talked for a few hours, then headed inside to watch a movie and muck around until the sun started to set. "We should probably go now." Selena announced. "We'll give you and Travis some time alone." She winked at me. I laughed at her unseriousness. I gave them all hugs, before seeing them out the door.

Suddenly, a sharp pain hit me in the stomach, and I cried out, consumed by the pain. I stumbled over to the bathroom, kneeling over the toilet. What was going on?

Travis's POV

I was in the study, recording a new episode of the podcast with Jason, when I heard Taylor cry out and run to the bathroom. I poked my head into the bathroom, to see Taylor retching over the toilet, struggling to hold back her hair. I rushed forwards, holding her hair back for her and rubbing her back as her body convulsed under my touch. After a while, she sat back on her heels, exhausted. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her, helping her up. "I don't know." She started to cry. "My throat hurts." She whispered. "Let's get you to bed." I helped her to the sink, brushing her hair and her teeth. I changed her into comfy pants and a jumper before tucking her into bed, kissing her forehead. "Can you lie with me?" Taylor asked weakly. I nodded, hopping into bed with her. I held her until her breathing slowed, and we fell asleep together.