milo

Taylor's POV

I had just finished up at the studio with Jack and Aaron, tired after five hours recording and writing new songs. I walked out the front door, immediately greeted by cheers and yells from fans that had gathered on the sidewalk. I gave quick waves to them before hurrying into the car, my security surrounding me from view. "Back to the house Miss Swift?" I nodded, before relaxing, resting my head. It had been a long day working on my new album, and I didn't have time for a lunch break. The car started moving, leaving the loud screams of the swifties behind.

I stared out the window, watching the city fly past. We stopped at a traffic light, and I spotted a small tabby cat on the side of the road. "Hey! Stop the car." I motioned at the small grey animal. "Miss Swift, do you need someone to go out with you?" A guy from my team asked. "No, I'm all good." I shook my head. I opened the car door, trying to keep my face hidden. I approached the little kitten slowly, trying not to frighten it. "Hello!" I cooed, reaching my palm down to let it get used to my presence. "Where's your family?" I asked it, watching it sniff my palm curiously. I gently picked it up in my arms, then looked around me. Sure enough, people had recognized me and started pointing in my direction. I quickly walked back to the car, focusing on the kitten in my arms.

I searched the cat for any sign that it had an owner, but there was nothing. "How about you come back home with me until we find your owners? How does that sound?" I murmured softly to the cat, stroking its soft fur. "You need a name for now don't you." I said thoughtfully. The kitten stared up at me with its big, brown eyes. "Milo." I decided. Then I realised something. "Shit." I breathed, my eyes wide. What would Travis think of the Milo? Did he want another cat in the house?

I arrived at home, opening the front door. I walked inside the house, turning on the lights. "Hey, is that you Tay?" Travis's voice called from upstairs. I cursed, accidently dropping Milo. The little furball ran into the kitchen, sitting under a chair. "Yeah, it's me." I replied. My thoughts raced. I thought he was still at training, but he was definitely here, walking down the stairs towards me... and Milo. He wrapped me up in his arms, kissing my forehead softly. "How was your day?" He asked me. "Good. I worked on the new album with Jack and Aaron." I replied, trying hard to act like there wasn't another cat in the kitchen. He studied me. "What's wrong?" He asked me, confused. "You look a bit...off." I bit my lip. "Um, no everything's fine." I mumbled.

Finally, Travis went to go live for his podcast in the study. I peeked under the chair, where I had seen Milo shoot under earlier. Sure enough, it was still in the same position than before. "You want to meet the other cats?" I cooed, picking it up, cradling it in my arms. Milo started purring like a motor as I stroked its ears. Benji ran into the room, closely followed by Dibbles. "That's your big brother and sister." I pointed at each one of them, placing Milo on the floor while I watched, making sure the Dibbles would be friendly. They sniffed each other curiously. Mer made her grand entrance all while watching Milo cautiously. "Hey Meridith. That's your baby um...brother - I think he's a boy." They batted at each other playfully, before meowing extremely cutely.

Suddenly, Travis walked into the room, headphones around his neck. "Travis?" I squeaked. "W-what are you doing here?" He frowned. "Just getting some water." He made his way towards the kitchen, and I prayed silently that Milo wouldn't jump out at him.

"Taylor?" Travis's confused voice came from the kitchen. "Why is there another cat in the kitchen?" Oh shit. He walked into the living room, the four cats trailing behind him. "Well..." I scrambled through my mind for an excuse, then decided to tell him the truth. "Well, I was going home from the studio, and I saw this kitten on the side of the road all by itself and I just thought I should help it, so I got out of the car to take a look at it-" I stopped to take a breath, then continued. "And realised that it didn't have an owner so I just brought it home before thinking about what you would think of it. I'm sorry Travis. We don't have to keep it if you don't want to." I hung my head.

Travis put his finger under my chin, lifting it up so he was looking into my eyes. "Listen Tay, don't feel like you should ever have to hide something from me, okay? I respect you and every choice you make." He kissed my nose gently. "Can we keep him?" I whispered to Travis, crossing my fingers. "Princess, it's your choice. This is your house, bought with your money, from your hard work. You do whatever you want to do princess." He smiled at me, hugging me tightly. I laughed happily, hugging Travis with all my might. "Thank you so, so much Travis. I love you." I reached down to pick up Milo. "Did you hear that?" I cooed. "You're staying!!" Milo meowed, batting at my face. I giggled, tickling his face gently, holding him close to me.

--

I finished up brushing my hair, wiping off my makeup, chucking on one of Travis's shirts. I snuggled into bed, feeling Travis hop in next to me, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you, Travis." I whispered, leaning back to look into his eyes. "I love you too." He kissed me softly.

requests?