Chapter 26 - Begin The Fire

Warning: This chapter contains sexual content that may not be appropriate for younger viewers. This sign *** will tell you when it begins and when it ends incase you want to skip it.

We ended up going home the next day after spending a whole day there which was when I took the opportunity to improve Tristan's relationship with his pack. Marissa gave me a whole pack of painkillers and injections to numb the pain when necessary, she was very helpful person. We also hid the dagger as we left the house and arrived at ours. Luckily, there were no reporters out and we sneaked in silently.

As soon as I got in, I changed my clothes and went into Tristan's room. He was changing too and I let out a cry when I accidently walked in and turned around.

"No need to scream." he calmly replied behind me.

"Uh, I'm sorry I walked in." I said frantically, my cheeks burning. "I-I just wanted to say that we should start looking for mom and the rest of them soon."

"You can turn around now." I heard him say quietly behind me. I slowly turned around to find him lying down on the bed.

"Uh... so yeah." I blushed fiercely and looked down at the floor, embarrassed. "Where do we start?"

"I don't think you're ready yet." he said gently. "You need to do more training."

At that, my heart fell. I had fought with Athena well and I won but he hadn't been awake to see it. And he hadn't seen the battle either.

"Awh, come on. What's with the sad face?" he asked with a positive tone. "Listen, if you can beat me at a fight, then you'll be ready."

I looked up at him then.

"We've just come back, so maybe later then?" I said. "Hey, I wanted to ask a while ago but, how come we can touch?"

"I was wondering about that too." he replied thoughtfully. "I was going to go to the hospital where they treated you and ask."

"Oh." I answered back. "I really want to know... you don't think... you don't think it was a set up, do you?"

"Now that you say it, it seems possible."

I stepped closer.

"Tristan?" I said.

"Yeah?" he looked up at me.

"We really need to find out." I said. We stared at eachother for what seemed like eternity. His light brown eyes gazed into mine intensely, so many secrets within them, sadness buried deep inside... my heart ached. I didn't want to die. I didn't want to leave him.

"I don't think he'll tell us anything if we go to the hospital." he replied after several minutes.

"Who?"

"Myron. He's the main doctor there." he answered back, staring up at the ceiling. "Let's go to his house today. Later on."

"Are you sure...? I mean, you just woke up from a coma... thing." I walked over and sat down next to him.

"I'm fine Scar." he replied, yawning. "We need to find your mom, and Jamie too."

I sighed, rubbing my temples. There were so many things to do in such little time.

"Do you think we should have told her?" I asked. "That I'm going to... you know..."

"I was leaving it up to you." he answered back quietly.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, fiddling with my clothes.

"Where's Nicole?" he asked. I frowned. Where exactly was she? I hadn't seen her in what seemed like an extremely long time.