Chapter 32 - Forgotten Promises

My eyes fluttered open and I felt myself enveloped in Tristan's arms, the heat from his body spreading through to my body and the sense of unity we had created from last night could be felt in the air around me. My body felt tired and heavy as I lay on the warm bed, his arms wrapped around me and it made me feel loved. I felt his hard chest behind me and his warm breath near my neck.

"Good morning Mrs Adams." he murmured in a deep voice near my ear before kissing my neck. I closed my eyes and smiled, burying my hand into his soft, thick hair. Suddenly, all the visions of last night flooded into my head and my eyes flashed open.

"Did we...?" I started hoarsely, leaving my sentence hanging.

"Mmm... yeah." he mumbled, moving the hair out of my face and kissing my temple.

"Why aren't you more disappointed?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"How can I regret one of the best nights of my life?" he murmured back, his brown eyes staring into mine which made my heart melt.

"It-it was?" I couldn't help the smile that took over the majority of my face. Every moment with him made my heart swell up with joy and I never wanted to leave him.

"Yeah." he replied, smiling. "Wasn't it for you?"

"Definitely." I smiled widely, throwing my arms around his neck. "Thank you."

"For what?" he chuckled, and I felt his big hands being placed on my bare back.

"For mating me." I pulled back and pecked his lips sweetly. "Last night... it was amazing. I don't know what to say... you were so..."

"I know." he smirked proudly.

"Don't get cocky." I replied warningly. He laughed and rolled me over before staring down at me with admiration in his eyes while one hand held onto the back of his neck. "I thought you would... be different this morning."

"Scar," he said seriously,  lowering his face closer to mine. "Out of all the time we spent together yesterday, there is not a single second that I regret."

I looked at him while taking a shaky breath and wrapped my arms around his neck tightly before holding him close to me, his words making my heart thud rapidly. I loved this man so much... it was unbelievable how much I cared about him, how perfect we were for eachother, I was just so overjoyed to be with him. I was so lucky to have him. I've never been happier in my life.

"So... what if I'm pregnant?" I pulled back and raised an eyebrow, questioning him. He tried not to react but I saw his eyes widen just a bit.

"Then," he shrugged, his gorgeous brown eyes staring down at me. "That's that."

"Would you want it?" I asked curiously.

"We can't go back to the past now, can we?" he smiled before planting a kiss on my jaw. "We'll have to keep it."

"How do you feel?" I asked, looking up into his deep brown eyes that seemed to have lost all of its previous stress.

"What do you mean?"

"Stronger? Powerful?" I asked.

"Much more powerful." he agreed. "And more free."

"I feel free now too." I replied.

"I can't believe I mated you." he said, smiling as his finger brushed across my cheek.

"You just couldn't resist me." I smirked, putting my hand into his hair. "I don't know how I did it."

"Scar," he smiled down at me. "You know you're sexier than you think?"

I felt my cheeks burning as I looked away from him.