EVERYTHING'S A GAME

After a day of only attending classes where I had tests, I was finally free. Penn was proud of me for sticking around the entire day, even though I skipped a few. I laid on my bed while Penn was at the desk doing assignments. I took this moment of personal space as an opportunity to see how Daniel was doing. I miss him.

My heart grew cold with each picture I saw of the new couple. They seemed so happy, while Daniel and I always fought. He never posted me, but he posts her every day. I never got gifts or flowers and here he was giving her everything that I dreamed of. Maybe I wasn't enough. Either way I wanted answers. And now.

At first it was an itch, now, It was a need. I needed to see him. I needed to see her. It had been a few days since the incident, I was better now. Kinda.

But I missed him. His face. His hair. His scent. His hands. His di-

Penn: Wanna go out with me tonight?

Elodie: Where?

Penn: A party

Elodie: A party? Whose party?

Penn: Elijah invited me

Elodie: And you're going? You never went to parties with me before

Penn: No offense, but your parties aren't my type of settings

I scoff

Elodie: And his is?

Penn: Yes, it is. There's no PUBLIC display of sex and no hard drugs

Elodie: Sounds boring. You can go, I'm okay with staying here

Penn: Are you sure?

I nod

Penn: I'll be back super early

Elodie: Penn, I'm not a kid. Go have fun

Penn let out a breath, before a smile graced her lips.

Penn: Okay, I love you.

Elodie: Love you too

With that, she left. Probably to her house to get ready. I sighed in relief. Don't get me wrong, I love Penn. But if she's here, literally breathing over me every second of the day, I won't be able to see Daniel.

So I too get ready and afterwards, I grabbed my phone before climbing out the window. I landed safely onto the ground and wiped my palms on my black leggings.

Elijah: Could've broken a leg

Fuck

Elodie: Well I didn't

I say walking past him to the street

Elijah: You're playing a dangerous game Elodie

Elodie: Fuck off

'You're playing a dangerous game Elodie' What a bitch.

It didn't take me long to arrive at Dani's apartment. I quickly jogged up the stairs and to his front door. I grabbed my hair pin and hastily picked the lock. When I entered the apartment, no one was present. So, I took it as my chance to snoop.

With a pep in my step, I opened drawers, closet, boxes and suitcases in search of any indication that the bitch had moved in with him. The only thing I found was a thong, an ugly one at that.

After my little investigation, I had nothing to do. I sat there bored out of my mind, before an idea came to mind. Food is the way to a man's heart, right? I stripped to my lingerie, just for extra measure and began cooking.

I decided to make his favorite, a seafood boil. I blended all my spices, including some lemon juice and some seasoning. And soon enough, it was ready. As I plated the food, the door to the apartment was opened with a suddenness.