I'M SORRY

The week had gone by quickly and without any tears or yelling. I wasn't sure if I had actually healed or if I was just pretending to be okay by distracting myself, but either way, I'd call that growth. Elijah did his big one with the haircut he gave me, because the stares from my peers were incessant. Kristen loved it which led to her and her husband going on about the time Kristen was dared to cut her hair. She did it and without regret, apparently Kristen hated to seem like a punk.

Elodie: Is that what attracted you to her?

Gabriel: Hell no, Her head's way too big for the no hair look

Kristen gasped, pushing her husband away, while I chuckled.

Gabriel: What? I love your head, honey

He defended, going in to kiss her forehead but she pulled away, kissing her teeth in the process.

Kristen: You're an ass. Get away from me

Gabriel: Never, I love you

Okay, this is where I leave. On my way up to my room, Elijah was on his way down.

Elodie: You have a class today?

Elijah: Nah, someone's coming over

Elodie: A girl? Is it Penn?

Elijah snorted, before showing me the clippers

Elodie: Can I help? I'm bored

Elijah: You've been hanging with my parents all morning, go do that

Yeah, until they started being nasty

Elodie: But they started kissing and shit

Elijah huffed

Elijah: Fine, go change

I look down at my outfit. It was a cropped vest, paired with booty shorts.

Elodie: What's wrong with it?

Elijah: I just don't want niggas watching you like that

Hm.

Not wanting to argue, I agreed and changed into an outfit that Kristen bought for me recently.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror made my heart swell with happiness. The swelling was going down, slowly but surely, the scratches were still there, but not as bad as they were before and my black eye was now greenish, almost turning yellow. I usually covered them up with makeup whenever leaving the house, strangers didn't need to know what I went through. I quickly did some cover up on the bruises and then applied lip gloss on my lips.

Great, we look pretty.

I make my way down the stairs, almost gagging at the sight of Kristen and Gabriel giggling and being all lovey dovey.

Kristen: Oh Elodiee. You look so pretty

I send her a small smile

Elodie: Thank you. It's one of the dresses we bought

Kristen: Aww doesn't she look so cute Gabe?

Gabriel: You do, El

Elodie: Thank you

Kristen: So where are you going?

Elodie: Just gonna hang out with Elijah. Speaking of, where is he?

Gabe: He should be in the basement, that's where he works

Elodie: There's a basement?

Kristen: Come on, I'll show you

Gabriel: Come back soon, we're not done