GIRLS DAY! GIRLS DAY!

Was I happy to get out of the house? Yes. Was I ready to socialize and be in the same space as millions of people? Fuck no.

Either way, I had to. My bag was already packed, we were spending the night at a resort and had to go to church the next morning. So I was well prepared.

I was dressed in a geometric, blue, yellow and white knitted shirt and paired it with some shorts and white socks and sneakers.

As I sat in front of my mirror, the honk from outside jolted me from my thoughts—the girls had arrived. With a sigh, I finished the final swipe of my lip combo, the perfect blend of nude and gloss that made my lips pop just enough. I ran my fingers through my short curls, adding a bit of moisture for shine, and spritzed myself with my signature Good Girl perfume. The scent wrapped around me like a subtle embrace, a final touch of confidence.

Elodie: Kristennnn! I'm leaving!

I shouted over my shoulder, already halfway out the door, knowing she'd rush out any second for her ritual "before you go" picture. But not today. I was gone before she had the chance, smiling to myself as I stepped out into the bright sunlight and made my way to Vivienne's car. The day stretched ahead of me like an open road, and I silently prayed it would fly by. We had a lot to do today—nails, toes, massages, vajacials, facials, then capping it off with shopping before finally heading to the resort.

I was honestly most excited about the vajacial. I'd never had one before, and after doing a deep dive into it last night, I was more than ready for the experience. It was weird to be so excited about skincare for... down there, but hey, self-care was self-care.

Vivienne: Hello, pretty.

Elodie: Hello, everyone

I greeted, sliding into the backseat and feeling the girls' energy fill the car. Laughter, excitement, and chatter all bounced around me as Vivienne pulled off.

Sitting beside me, Delila turned, grinning wide as she pulled out a mini bottle of champagne from her purse.

Delila: Okay, are we ready for this or what?

Vivienne: You're really starting this at 10 a.m.?

She teased, glancing in the rearview mirror as she maneuvered through traffic.

Paige: Why not? It's Girl's day

She handed me a plastic cup, filling it halfway with bubbly, and I couldn't help but be surprised. Are christians supposed to drink?

Elodie: Thanks

By the time we reached the spa, the girls were already buzzing with anticipation and a little bit of champagne.

Vivienne parked, and we stepped out into the warm breeze, sunglasses on and bags in hand as we walked into the spa.

The next few hours were a blur of pampering. First came the nails and toes. I chose a plain white for my nails and toes.

Then came the massages—heaven. My body melted into the table, and with each knead of the masseuse's hands, I felt tension I didn't even know I had slip away. Delila was in the room next to mine, and I could hear her giggling as the masseuse worked out the knots in her shoulders. I didn't know if she was ticklish or just too relaxed, but it made me chuckle.

Finally, the vajacial. I had been waiting for this all day, and I wasn't disappointed. The aesthetician was gentle and professional, explaining each step as she went along. I felt a little embarrassed at first, but by the end, I felt as fresh as one could be, and I couldn't believe I hadn't tried this sooner. Who knew skincare could feel this good?