Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two:
All The Things I've Said and Done, Lost Forever

~POV: Aaron~

Jaiden sat across from me on the other side of my coffee table.

"So. What are we?" I asked.

"Friends." Jaiden said.

"friends? After yesterday?" I was surprised.

"Aaron, I love you. But I love Shay. I love him so much." She said.

"More than me? More than you ever loved me?" I asked, feeling my heart shatter. She reached over and took my hand.

"Aaron, I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I don't know what I want." She whispered. She looked down at the ground. I went over to her and sat down beside her.

"Who do you trust more?" I asked.

"Y-you." She said.

"Who do you know will always be there for you?"

"Shay."

"Who will love you forever?"

"Both."

"Who will always be by your side?"

"You."

"Who do you want?"

"I-I don't know." She said. Her voice started cracking. "I'm just so confused!" Tears were welling in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her as she started to cry.

"Sh. It's okay." I whisper to her. She continued to cry. I gently wiped her tears away. "I'll always be here with you. Whether you want me or not." She calmed down.

"I-I'm going home." She said, getting out of my grasp. "I-I'll see you later." She left. She wasn't picking me. I knew it. I knew I would never be good enough for her. Never again.

She's perfect. She's this angel. I loved her with every ounce of my being. All I wanted was to be with her. I felt hurt. I stood up and started walking back the hall. I took out my phone and called Austin.

"Hey, AP! What's up?" He answered.

"A-Austin. Sh-she's not-" I stuttered. I started to cry. I felt everything inside me falling apart.

"Aaron, calm down. Do you need me to come over?"

"No. I-I think I'll be fine. I just need to talk." I said. "I just- I really love her. Since the second I saw her. A-and s-she- she doesn't-" then I screamed. I threw my phone down, pretty sure I shattered it. I stumbled into the bathroom. I still felt like screaming. I screamed again. Tears streamed down my face. I gripped the wall, trying to stay upright.

I let myself shrink against the wall. I hated myself. I wasn't good enough for Amanda. I definitely wasn't good enough for Jaiden. I had tears streaming down my face, blurring my vision. I saw glass. I broke it. It cut my hands, and shattered across the bathroom tile. I sat back down and stared at it.

I picked up a bigger shard and ran it across my arm. I ran it across my thigh, even though it was covered by my jeans. The glass tore through the fabric and cut my skin. I continued to cut myself until I started feeling light headed. I was bleeding heavily, but I didn't realize it.

I got up and stumbled out of the bathroom. I saw my door open just as I walked out of the bathroom. I started to feel really faint. I saw Jaiden walk in.

"Sorry I forgot my- AARON!" She exclaimed. She ran to me. She put her arm around my waist and put her hand on my chest, trying to balance me. "What happened?" She asked.