Chapter Sixty Nine

Chapter Sixty Nine:
Can't Feel You

~POV: Aaron~

The next day, I woke up before Jaiden. She was still curled up in my arms, tear stains down her cheeks. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. I then got up, moving Jaiden from my arms. I got up and went to the bathroom, quickly took a shower, changed, and finished getting ready. I whistled as I walked out to the kitchen.

I got the Advil and some water and put it down with the Sleeping With Sirens guys, making sure to put it where they'd see it. Then I went upstairs back to the kitchen. I turned on the bluetooth in the kitchen. I put on Green Day and began to cook. I made bacon, eggs, and toast. I was working on the eggs when I felt another presence in the room. I turned to see Jaiden standing against the wall.

"Good morning." I greeted her. She nodded to me, leaning her head against the wall. I abandoned my eggs and walked to her. She shrunk back from me. I felt a pain shoot through my chest. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly, reaching out to stroke her cheek. She moved from my touch.

"N-nothing." She said. I frowned a little, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"Jai, come on, beautiful. Talk to me, love." I tried. She shook her head. She was still just in my sweatshirt. "Baby, what's wrong?" I tried again. Then Gabe walked up.

"Morning." He yawned. He looked at the two of us. "Are you okay, Jaiden?" He asked. Jai shrugged. "I don't think we can get much work done today. Off day sound nice? I want to go to the beach." He admitted. Jaiden nodded.

"Sounds good." She said before walking back down the hall to our room.

"Is she okay?" Gabe asked. I walked up to one of the walls and started hitting my head against it. Not enough to give me a concussion or dent the wall.

"I have no idea." I admitted. I straightened up and went back to cooking. The other guys soon joined us and we ate breakfast before going to get dressed to go to the beach.

I walked in the bedroom to find Jaiden curled up on the bed looking numb. And I knew what she was like when she went numb. I walked over and laid beside her, putting my arms around her. I stroked her back softly. She just laid in my arms, fitting perfectly against my body. I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you, Jaiden. Never forget that I love you." I told her softly. "I adore you." She blinked in response. I sighed and held her tighter. I kissed the top of her head and stood. I got ready then managed to get Jenna to get ready. We walked out, grabbing keys. I held Jaiden's hand softly, leading her out to the garage to get chairs and stuff. The boys were almost ready when as we were standing outside waiting, Sherry came over to us.

"Jaiden! Aaron! How are you two?" She asked smiling.

"Great! Just heading to the beach." I replied. I turned to Jenna. "Baby, how about you go get the boys." I promised. "Please." I added the command edge at the end, the only way to make her respond. She let go of my hand and went back into the house.

"Is she okay?" Sherry asked. I shook my head.

"She sometimes becomes... Completely numb to everything. She feels completely nothing. I've learned some ways to get her to react to this going on around her. This morning, though, something odd happened." I admitted. "I reached out to gently touch her and she shrunk away from me. I'm worried." Sherry hugged me.

"It'll be okay, Aaron. She'll be okay." She told me. Sherry had become friends with me. She was still wary with Jenna, however. I hugged her back.

"Thank you." We pulled away and smiled.