Chapter 9

Stepping foot in the down pouring rain never bothered me today. For the first time in years the weather suited my mood. I was upset I dealt with a lot today and finding this out pushed me over the edge. I knew it was rude of me to walk out of my office with patients still in my waiting room. But I had to. I was a closed off person. So I never wanted any one see me break down in tears because of my mom's diagnoses. I knew Daisy saw my defeated look today. But she never asked if something was wrong. I knew why too. She never wanted to be nosey. I was grateful for that. I never cared if it down poured and soaked me. It suited my mood and that made it worth while being out here. Not a lot of things made me cry. But my wife's death made me cry and hearing my mother had cancer again made me cry. I never knew where my feet lead me to. But when I figured it out it made me more upset. My feet lead me to the gravesite where I put my dearest to rest. But I never cared I kept on walking and I found her grave site with ease. I went there every Sunday with my two dogs and Victoria. I would sit there with a rose in my hand and just talked about my patients for that week I had. The things that Victoria did. But most of all to try to keep Victoria remembering her mother. I was thinking about planting a rose bush on her gravesite so I would not have to keep buying flowers every time I went. But I never got to it yet. Maybe I liked buying a rose a week because it kept my love for her and the time we spent together even if it was short in my memory and heart.