Chapter 28

So how do you think your visit with your dad's family was? Um better it is still awkward though. But it's better. I think Daisy both of you actually will have to put some effort in trying to build a relationship with them. I know. But I don't have a car. I will keep driving you up there if it makes a difference. Why do you care so much? Sitting in a restaurant in Toronto with my boss and his kid was weird for me. But it was more weird that he was driving me to Nova Scotia for a bit. We have to keep driving tonight you know Daisy. Answer me Michael please answer the question. Fine I will. I saw a look a look I saw at my house before. I can't do this Daisy. I am sorry. It is not the right time to do so. Any time is a good time for me Michael? Daisy no it isn't. I need to figure out my life. Then I will tell you. I knew it was rude of me. But I was getting irritated with him. Michael I have a suspicion you like me. Am I correct? Michael's face turned beat red then when he found his words he stuttered a no. Why do you think that? Um because you buy me my coffee, you threw that appreciation party for me, you trying to get my dad's family and me like a family and you are driving me down east. I saw a look Michael had on his face and then he started talking. Daisy I know you are wondering why I am doing these things. In a way I don't know. But In another I kind of do. My wife Vicky Daisy asked me to make her dream a reality by helping her along the journey of becoming an author and well this was the time I never even dated her yet. She gave up and when I read your book today it is not done. But it sounds like my wife kept saying to me we had a happily ever after not like a fairy tale. But we have our own kind of love story and I one day will write it. I myself Daisy actually did write till she died. She loved how my writing went and well tried to get me to publish my work. But I couldn't do it. After she died I lost everything I lost the person I cared about the most in my life. My soul mate. I guess when you walked through my office doors that day you had the same attitude that my wife had and well I like that kind of personality I guess. Also I miss helping someone with family issues that they have not talked for years and bringing them back together. So you like me? No I never said that Daisy. I said that I like women with your kind of personality. Okay. I knew what Michael just said was just a little confession to me that he kind of did like me. But he was not ready to say it to me and I could wait till he was ready. Right then Victoria pulled on Michael's sleeve. Sorry Victoria here is another spoon full of food. Daisy how can you picture your life? I was surprised that he was not really changing the subject that we were on. But I would not be changing the subject because I did like talking to him about things. Being a published author and I would like my forever after like in my books. But one thing I never thought I wanted was a kid. But taking care of Victoria actually kind of is making me want a kid or two. What did you picture your life as Michael? Daisy I never actually thought this would be my life. Like what did you picture your life to be like then? Well I pictured me as being a well known hockey player with a wife and well no kids. But in reality when Vicky told me she was expecting. She told me after my face went totally white as a ghost and I kept saying is this for real because if not this is no laughing matter. Actually Daisy now I think of I think I was never ready to be a father in till I saw my daughter for the first time and held her. I thought my wife would survive cancer and we would be a happy little family. That was definitely not what happened. But man being a single dad is hard. I never knew how hard it would be. I guess being a single dad and then on top of that I am living alone no one beside me at night kills me. Michael have you heard this saying everything happens for a reason. No I have not. Yeah and I believe in it like for me I thought my boyfriend and I were going to get married. But when he said it is not working out, I was heart broken yes. But then I started thinking maybe he was not the right one for me. Maybe there is a better guy for me out there just waiting for me to show up. In your situation maybe if your wife never died we wouldn't of talked to each other or met for that matter. In a way maybe that chapter in your life closed too soon. But another one will open up for you. Yeah I guess you are right Daisy. I am actually a pretty logical person when I want to be. Then sometimes I can be a complete crazy person . People actually say to me I go into random laughing fits. Hey a sense of humor is good. Yep it is. Hey cheers to new beginning Daisy. To a new a chapter in life. Cheers. I smiled at Michael and he smiled back at me and that made my day.