Chapter 36

You got to talk to him tomorrow when he comes into work Daisy. Here is a tea for my beautiful one and here is your coffee Daisy. Thanks Ben. You are welcome. Ben does that sound like him? What are you two talking about any ways? I have no idea what you are talking about and if you want me to help you out I got to know what it is you are talking about. Michael kissed Daisy! Where have you been in the old west? The look on Ben's face was priceless. I knew Zoey was curious what Ben's facial expression meant. Me knowing my best friend since grade five I knew just by her face what she was thinking. Oh really he did Daisy? Yeah he did. Maybe that was why he wanted me to go to the bar last night. He said he needed to tell me something. Actually I owe him one beer. Really why is that Ben? Yeah why is that? Both Zoey and I looked at Ben wanting an answer. Um both of you might kill me for this and I don't need another black eye this one just healed lucky for me. But I kind of put him up to it thought he wouldn't take it literally. I thought he would do it like in a few months from now not this soon. Why did you do that? I some what put him up to it. But one thing I know was that when we were here he said Victoria needs a mother. But he feels like it was too soon to move on so I said when he makes a move then I will buy him a beer. Wait so he likes me? I looked to Ben shocked at what he just said that he would buy a beer for my boss when he makes a move. Um why don't you talk to him about that. I want to know Ben. Victoria where is your daddy hey girl? I looked to Michael's little girl that was toddling to us. Is he with your grandma? I looked at Victoria and that little girl was looking right back at me not saying anything or not nodding her head yes. I am going to ask Nicole. Okay sure I need to talk to Zoey any way okay. I walked up the sidewalk to where Nicole was walking. Hey Nicole. Oh hi Daisy. Ma? Victoria ran to me and hugged my legs. Darling she is not your mother. Did your daddy say that to you Victoria? That little girl just smiled at me. Nicole I know you are going into work. But I got to ask you something. Well it is your lucky day Daisy I am early for work so I have some time to talk. What is up? Thank goodness. Here I can hold Victoria for you Nicole. Oh thank you. Um do you know if your brother likes me? Why do you say that Daisy? Because yesterday he kissed me. What my brother kissed you! Yeah and he never told me why though. Maybe he does Daisy. I should really call him. You want me to ask him on the phone. I am not sure. He won't know you are here. Okay go for it. I want to know if he does. Okay. I feel like a teenager again. Me too Nicole. But we are trying to get your brother's secrete out. Yep we are and this is going to be fun. I always wanted to do this to him now I have a reason to do it. Yep you do. I was really curious if Nicole could get the answer that I was looking for out of Michael or not. I hoped she could.