Chapter 7

So Natalie the last time you had an appointment was three months ago. Am I right? Yes. This lady never seemed so bad once she sat down in the room. I thought maybe Michael was wrong. Maybe she was not as bad as he told me she was. I thought that anyway till she spoke again. I want to ask you something. What is it? Where is Vicky? Who is she? The receptionist that was here the last time I was here. She would always take me in and Michael sometimes did. But he always over booked people and she made it her duty to take me in. Right then it dawned on me Michael never wanted to deal with his tougher patients. For one reason and that reason was because they would be asking about what happened to his wife. Now I had to tell this lady that his wife died. That little sneak that told me could I take her in today. How dare he. The woman was waiting for my answer. So I knew I just couldn't  just walk out of there and find Michael and yell at him about what he did. Just yet any way. Um she passed away three months ago. Right then Natalie burst into tears and that English bulldog that was sitting beside me went over to the lady and jumped onto the leather couch and started to howl. Need some help Daisy? Aren't you with the other patient Michael? Yeah I am. I am letting her write a letter to her husband and to tell him her wish for one thing that they could of done together before he passes away. Also I feel bad for tricking you. I couldn't yell at him he felt bad and was going to help me with her. Oh okay. I watched Michael take a deep breathe before speaking. Natalie? Michael how did your soul mate die? Am I becoming the patient here? No. But I need to know how she died. Why didn't you call me I was one of her friend's. This is why I never wanted to deal with this one today. I just smiled. For some reason this was very entertaining to me to watch him deal with this so called difficult client. Natalie it was a freak accident I can't even speak of it because it still upsets me. But...... I saw Michael with tears in his eyes. It just broke my heart that he was upset. Natalie my mind is always on repeat about that day. But I can't say it or it will make it more real that she is gone and never coming back. So for my business could you please be able to deal with my new receptionist and kind of counsellor? No! My eyes widened now I understood why he called her one of his difficult patients. Well Natalie I over booked my self today. Right now I got one lady crying her eyes out right in the other room. So I need you to deal with this change. But I can't! I shouldn't throw this one out. But I will. I was amazed when Michael looked right into this upset ladies eyes and spoke very harshly. Vicky would not want my business to go under because my patients couldn't deal with her loss. So you talk to Daisy today. But she would allow us to grieve over her death Michael. Right then the bell to the front office door rang and I knew his patient for two was here. Um your two oh clock is here Michael. Yeah I know Daisy. Okay I got to finish up with my other patient in the other room. Natalie just talk to Daisy she really is a good counsellor. Really? I am? Yeah. I was amazed that Michael just said that about me as he never knew much about me. But the next thing he said was true about me. She has tons of practice being a counsellor from elementary school. Okay I will talk to her this time. But not next time. Okay fine by me. I will book you in next time with me if no one comes running into my office in tears and needing my help right that second. Okay. I was glad he could get this problem under control. But I never knew there was other difficult patients to come that day. Ones he should of warned me about ahead of time.