Chapter 23

Wow this place is amazing. I looked around the nice area that Michael booked last minute. Last minute cancelations work wonders for that. Right Bob? Not for my business. But I got to owe you some how you fixed my messed up daughter. No I never fixed her she helped her self. I was a person to help her on her road of recovery Okay whatever you say. My back pain long forgotten being in a beautiful ball room that must of cost a fortune to get last minute. It was very beautiful. For once I never cared about anyone else. I was actually going to put my self first for once in my life. My mom has said to me for years to put my self first. But I never listened to her. I felt obligated to help my friends before myself. Even a saying I posted on Facebook about sometimes you need to put your self first before others never convinced me that. But it took my family and friends to put me before them for me to actually see that I needed just me time to be first on my list of priority's. Not at the bottom that was where I mostly put my self every one was before me. It took a beating on me and it finally made me crack. When the right person was near that had connections with party planners and my friends. Even if at that moment I thought it was not the right to cry I knew now it was. I saw Michael standing awkwardly behind as the others went to the tables. I never went up to him though to see what he was waiting for. Instead I went to the dance floor and twirled around. Taking pain medicine before we left I was happy about because I felt fine now. I ran back to Michael after though. Thank you you are the best! I am? Yes. I feel so alive here. That is good I guess. What is wrong? I looked at Michael knowing something was up with him. Nothing don't worry about it I am fine. Hey snap out of it I know it will be hard. But this place is the best. I never even saw Noah come up to us. Michael just turned to his friend. I know buddy it is just something else too. You want to talk some where else. Yeah. Okay then come on. I will be back Daisy enjoy your party. Yep I will. I wanted to follow him. I really did. But then my dad's mom came over to me and we started talking. Deep down I wished things could be different with my dad's family. Did Michael know that and that's why he called them? I had a feeling Zoey had a part in this arrangement because she knew how much I wanted my dad's parents in my life. But I never would ask her tonight because this was going to be a good night. I knew it. It probably was going to be a strange night. But it was going to be a good one and that's what mattered the most right now to me.