Chapter 37

Ben how can you bribe your friend to make a move? I looked to Ben that was smiling. Daisy was talking to Nicole and Ben apparently needed to talk to me without Daisy around. Sweetheart you know why I did it? No I don't. Well we found each other didn't we? Yeah we did. When I proposed to you darling I knew what was in store for me being a step father. I actually asked Michael what it was like to be a father. So when I bought you that diamond ring well I thought this was just a step to loving you and that baby with all my heart. I am in love with that baby already Zoey. Really? Yeah. I don't care what your ex says about that baby will be a failure in life. Our baby won't be a failure. The baby will be successful if I have to work two jobs for you and that baby I will support you in your dreams and that baby's dreams. Where did that come from you were never like this Ben? Well Mike said women's kids they want men that love them more then them and stand up for them when they are getting bullied. So I took that advice from him. But when he went to me saying that he loves Daisy. Well I told him the truth. I told him he had to make a move soon. When he said he felt guilty for moving on I said to him buddy that little girl needs a mother in her life you need to make a move for your little girl being a father might be tough. But fathers make tough decisions all the times and I will buy a beer on the house for you if you make a move with Daisy. So used his advice against him. I was really shocked at everything that Ben just said to me. Yeah I did kind of and then also I used my patients advice. But do not tell Daisy what I just said. No I won't. I was very shocked about everything that was going on around me. I started crying right then. Baby why are you crying? Ben I never knew you loved me that much. Yeah I love you. Ben I am so happy that Daisy's dream will come true. Yeah Mike told me about her book. Yeah I know. Wipe those tears. Ben do you want a little girl? I don't care. I just want a life. I want to be a dad and a husband. I am twenty seven I need to grow up and you are taught me that to grow up and act my age. I am scared Ben. About what? Being a mother. What about being a mother? That I won't be good enough. What if those things he said to me were true Ben? What if they were? No they are not true honey you are going to be a great mother to this baby. What if when he gets out of jail and he wants the baby? I won't allow it Zoey. But Ben if he brings us to court even with that restraining order he will get visitation rights. Even if we don't want to believe it this baby is his not ours. I saw sadness in Ben's eyes I wished I could take back the words I just said. but I couldn't now and it was the sad truth. I know it is the truth Zoey. But the baby won't know I am not the father. But I will Ben. Why are you thinking about this now? I don't know. I really don't know. That was the truth I really never knew but I wished I did.