Chapter 40

I woke up and turned over and saw it was one in the morning. When I grabbed my phone the caller was unknown. I almost not picked up. But something told me to. Hello. Hey Ben. Oh my is it a girl or a boy? Oh my now you will understand how Michael feels about his little girl. Oh course you are not the kids real father but you still will be protective over her. I put Ben on speaker phone as I put an actual top on and pulled my hair back. I thought the pants I wore to bed looked like real pants so I would be fine. Yeah I would come I just need to call Michael. Bye. I never needed to look at the numbers even as I dialed the number. Michael's phone number was in my brain for good. Hello? Michael we have to visit Zoey and Ben. Daisy it is one in the morning can't it wait till a decent time in the day. No so get ready and I will be at my door waiting for you. Okay see you in ten. I hung up before he said anything else. I ran down stairs and waited. I was bursting with excitement and I swung open the door so fast when I heard Michael's foot steps going up my front steps. Aren't you an energetic person at one in the morning. Mostly not so much. But when my friend just had a baby yeah I am. Good to know. You know you are lucky Daisy that my sister was having a very slow day at work so she could watch Victoria. Okay good to know. Now let's get a move on. Yeah well first of all I am not as energetic as you and second of all where is the women that I know the one that is exhausted um by the end of the work day and is complaining in pain. Oh she is way gone tonight. Good to know. Isn't it though? Yeah it is. I noticed him roll his eyes as he walked to his car. But never said a thing to him. I was in a too good of a mood to break it to argue with him. Especially that night when my best friend just had a baby girl. I couldn't break this mood. For some reason I felt a change in the air and I wondered what was going to happen with this day. I wondered if Michael was going to tell me what that kiss meant in the park. After months of him not saying a thing about it and it playing constantly in my head over and over again. I wondered if he would finally tell me today or not. I hoped he did. But I was not setting my hopes high. As I knew it was highly unlikely for that to happen. But you never know what a day would bring you. It could be totally unexpected. I hoped today was one of those type of days and I felt like it would be.