Chapter 29

So how was your trip Mike? Did you tell her? No Ben I never yet it never felt right yet. I looked to my friend that had a black eye that I had no idea how it happened. Ben may I ask how you got a black eye? Sitting at Starbucks chatting it up with my friend as he wanted to do for months now. Even if it was barley six in the morning. I had to pick up Daisy to bring her to work at eight. So this was the only Ben and I could sit and talk. Oh you want to know? Yeah I do. Zoey's ex boyfriend. Ouch. When did that happen? As I was dropping off Zoey she never wanted to get out of my car and I asked her why. She said that man sitting on her front porch was her ex. I got out of the car let her stay In and tried to talk reasonable with him. But instead he said he wanted Zoey back and said if not he wanted custody over his kid. I know I shouldn't of done it Mike. But he would not treat that kid right and I seen it in my work a lot that this stuff happens and the mother's mostly have full custody. I don't get upset. But I guess I got mad because he hurt my women the one I care about. The one I have been there from well the day she came to Daisy crying and thinking all guys were jerks. So who punched who? I started it. Okay. Five in the morning coffee guys. Yeah I guess. I looked at Zoey. Taking a walk Zoey? Taking Harvey on a walk yep. I will catch up with you later don't procrastinate Zoey. Please I will try not to. But I loosing faith in my self. Drop by my office Zoey around eight. Okay Ben see you then. Ben all my life you were the one that was not responsible. What happened? We are old Mike. Well I feel old. Mike I need to get you back in the dating world. No I am single father it is hard to do two things at once now days. What does being a father feel like Mike? I was surprised that Ben asked me that. Why Ben? You are not going to be that child's father. No I am not. But I could be that child's step father. Well one thing of advice you get used to changing dirty diapers an awful lot. I was so happy when Victoria got potty trained. Of course Victoria still has some accidents if she is playing and you forget to remind her about going to the bathroom. I think personally the age Victoria is at is the best age ever. They don't talk back to you they want your attention. Good to know. Ben I need to find someone don't I? I don't know you answer you own question. Victoria needs a mom. So you answered your own question then. Well I better pick up Daisy. Yeah we need to do this again some time. Yeah I know we will. But I am a single dad so I probably won't be able to go do this every day. But probably every month or two. Yeah okay we have to go to some bar some time. Maybe some day Ben but not for a while. Fine. Michael you need to tell Daisy how you feel. I will Ben. I will soon. As I walked to my car I knew that Ben was right. Someday soon I would tell her. I hoped my nerves wouldn't get in the way of telling her. When that day came at least.