Chapter 22

I woke up on the couch and for a minute I couldn't think how I got here. I was sleeping in my bed and then I remember waking up and talking to Michael. I never knew why he was in my house. But he was. But the rest was a total blur. I heard talking in the kitchen and I heard Michael's booming voice laughing. When I sat up pain like someone was stabbing me with a million of swords pierced my lower back. I fought back a cry from the pain. I still had my house coat on that I put on this morning when I woke up. I headed to the kitchen to grab some water as my mouth was so dry. I was startled when I saw a lot of people in my tiny town house kitchen. Hey Daisy did you have a good sleep? Why are all of you guys here? I saw all my friends there, Noah and his wife, my parents, my Dad's family that I hated, my grandma, Ben of all people, and Michael's family. Victoria was sleeping on one of my dog's beds that I put in the kitchen. I started to laugh at the sight of Victoria sleeping on my dogs bed. Michael got up right away and hugged me. I was shocked and my heart started to race right away. I never knew what to do at first. Daisy this is our appreciation party to you. For what and why? For always being their for us and also for being a good person to go to when we need help. Without you some of your friends might not be alive to this day. All of our problems and situations were piled onto you. We never knew how much that effected you till you broke down in tears today. I was touched at the thought. But before I could stop myself from saying things. Questions came flying out of my mouth. How did you get my parent's number and why are they here? Who your dad's parents? Yeah them. If it is appreciation party then they should not be here. Yeah about that. Michael looked uncomfortable and looked to my dad's mom. Janet you want to explain the pickle I was in that we were just laughing at. Well when Michael got your parent's number from your best friend Zoey because she knows where everything is in this house including your phone book. When he called your parents your dad answered and he started ranting about us and well then Michael got thinking. He was stuck he knew if this was a appreciation party you would hate if all of us were here. But he thought maybe he could fix the problems we have in our family. So yeah. I will add on for you Janet. Well I thought I could get you and your dad's family at least onto speaking terms again. So I stayed at your house for almost all day today planning this. Except when I ran out to go the office to talk to Ben and call one of my patients that is a party planner. But when I did that you were not alone today. Zoey stayed here when I had to go. I guess you could say I was the counselor to your friends, family and well my friends surprisingly. I called I can't remember how many people I called today to arrange this. I was really touched for all the hard work Michael did to throw this party for me. All of you are the best. But I was thinking at that moment why did Michael go though the hassle and call my dad's family. I hated them. I would rather never see them again. But I guess that was not an option. Also it was not nice for me to be like that with them. Daisy come on get ready we are going to your party very soon. My friend Ariel and Zoey were standing and ushering me to my room. What should I wear you guys? It is a party girl for you. You got to look nice because it is your party. Right then my friend Jorden came up stairs also. Sorry I am late kind of got talking to Michael for a minute. It's okay. I am surprised that you guys could drop everything and do this for me. We would do anything for you Daisy. Geez girl how many times was it all about me in grade eight every day till the last day of school. I know Ariel. You had been there for me too Daisy. I know. Right then I saw Zoey start going though my closet. Zoey what are you doing? Finding something that suits this party silly. Daisy remember in grade eight I think I drove you crazy also. I got up and laughed. All of my friends drove me crazy at one point or another in my life okay that Is final. All of us went into a fit of giggles at what I said because in a way it was true. All of them drove me crazy at one point in another. But I never cared about that. As I knew all friends drove each other a bit crazy once in a while. But I liked helping them. It was nice that I knew I helped people in my life. I was getting excited though for my party. I couldn't wait to see what would happen. I knew it was going to be interesting.