#PROLOGUE

I'd like to thank snoopyANDwoodstick_ for the great cover Xxx

We were watching TV, my father and I, waiting for my mother to come down. We were going to go somewhere for my birthday but it was a surprise. I was so excited and so happy. I couldn't wait. We heard some noise. My mother was there but she didn't look so well. "Meredith, what's wrong? Are you Ok?" He asked. Then I saw a red patch on her chest and a huge knife across it. "Mum!" I yelled running towards her. "It's gonna be Ok, sunshine." He said. We were both crying. We had her in our arms. "I love you both." She said weakly. And she died. She actually died. My own mother died. We cried. Then we heard another noise. We looked up to see a tall strong guy. He was scary. "Get up!" He ordered. My father held me tight in his arms and obeyed. He pulled a gun at him and shot him. "Dad!" I yelled. "Dad." I cried. Why was this happening to me? "Get up!" The guy ordered me. I listened. He pointed a gun at me. I was so scared. And then I was saved. A bunch of policemen came running here with their guns. I just wished they were here earlier. Because now, both my parents are dead and I don't know what to do.

"Hey." Someone said. I didn't answer. I was too shocked to answer. "How old are you?" I answered "17." I actually turned 17 the day itself. The guy nodded. "It's gonna be Ok. You're safe." I nodded and cried. I jumped in his arms. I was so scared. I didn't know what was happening or why. All I knew was that my mother and father were gone and it was the end of my world. The guy took me home. He said he asked the judge and he accepted. And even though he did save me from being killed, I don't quite feel at home. I don't quite feel complete. I don't quite know how to interact with them because all I want to do is cry and be alone.

So here I am, meeting his family, a town away from my own home. He opened the door so I could come in. The house was really nice. "So you must be Michael." His wife said. I smiled and nodded. She took me into a huge hug. "Welcome home." She said. I wanted to cry and she noticed because she instantly put her hand on my shoulder and whispered "everything's going to be Ok." I nodded forcing myself not to cry. "Hi." I heard a guy say. He must be the son, Charles, as John, the policeman said. "H..hi." I said, trying not to cry. He looked cold. "Hi." Another woman said. She must be Alice. The daughter. I nodded my hello. They were all very welcoming. "Em... I know that my being here is a lot for you and that it wasn't what you planned for but I prefer telling you now than after and you reject me." They all looked confused. "I... I'm gay." I had come out to my parents since I was 13 so it wasn't that hard. They had said they knew all along and that they still loved me no matter what. They all looked shocked. "Well we don't mind do we? You're still apart of our family and we won't judge you." I sighed in relief. "It's disgusting!" I heard Charles mumble. No one seemed to notice. I sighed. "So you can sleep on the couch for now. Sorry. We're making a room for you but it's not done yet." I nodded but I really didn't want to live with anyone. I wanted to be alone.