#CHAPTER 14

"Michael! Welcome back!" She hugged me. This was awkwardly embarrassing. I could see Jason laugh under his breath. "Thank you." I said out of breath. She was squashing me. "Did you need anything?" I nodded. "Could I be paired back with Jason please?" Her face dropped. "It would be like a modern version of Romeo and Juliette." She thought for a moment before saying "yes." My eyes widened. "Really?" She nodded. I laughed. "Thank you." We sat on a desk. I could here people talking. "Yeah. He was in a coma. Poor thing." Girls said. Or "but he looks so hot! I want to kiss him right now." I chuckled. "You became quite popular." He said. "I noticed." Then a girl came towards us. "Hi. I'm Sasha. Can I be your Juliette?" I smiled. "No sorry. I already have my Juliette." I said. I looked at Jason and he frowned. She left. "Am I suppose to be your Juliette?" I laughed. "Maybe." I smirked. He shook his head in disbelief. "Hello everyone. I would like to welcome back Michael." She said. They all cheered. "And he has decided to be with Jason. Now get on with those scenes of yours!" They were all whispering. I started reading scene 5. "But that's not old English!" I said. He chuckled. "I know. It's a modern version, remember?" I pouted. "You need to learn it of by heart." I nodded. "Thy shall not be hard." He laughed. "So I'm Romeo, and you're Juliette." He frowned. "What?" He pouted. "I am Romeo because I am the strong one." He giggled and agreed. "So we'll both be called Romeo?" I thought for a moment. "You can be Jules: masculine form of Juliette." He laughed and nodded. "This is so exciting." I said. He agreed. "People are gonna be so surprised!" I nodded. And before we knew it, it was the end of the period. We took our stuff and left.

"So since the history teacher is on maternity leave, we have two hours of free time." Jason said. "Really?" He nodded. "We could sit in our usual spot if you want to?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. We walked outside and sat under the tree. "So I noticed you never told me when your birthday was." I said. He chuckled. "It's the 21st may. Same day we're doing the musical. " I nodded. "So, when's yours?" He asked. My face dropped. It just reminded me of my parents. "The 29th of August." I said. "I didn't mean to bring it up." I shrugged. "It's fine." We just sat there, in silence, my arm around him and his head on my shoulder. But we were interrupted by my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answered. "Hi Michael. It's John.
- oh hi." I smiled. He sounded nervous. "Are you Ok?" I asked. "Yeah. Em... The policeman you saw earlier on just told me that your parents muderer escaped." As he said those words, I felt my heart pump faster. I thought I was going to die. I dropped the phone in shock. I could still hear "Michael? Michael answer me." On the phone. Jason picked it up for me. "Hello? This is Jason." He said. "Oh. That's awful. Do you know where he could be?" Then he sighed which could only mean no. He hung up. "Michael." He said. He hugged me and I hugged him back. A tear fell out of my eye. "I thought this was finished. He's gonna come back for me." I said. "No. I won't let him." I cried. "He said so." Jason frowned. "No one knows this but when the police came, he looked into my eyes and said 'I'm coming back for you.'" I cried. I looked over his shoulder to see a car. I looked to see who it was and I'm sure I saw him. "Jason, don't turn around. There's a guy in a car watching me. I think it's him." I was terrified. He turned around. The car left. "Oh my gosh. Call John." I nodded. I was shaking. "John?" I said as he answered the phone. "He's watching over me." I cried and hung up. "It'll be fine, Michael." Jason said hugging me. "I wish I could say so myself." He kissed me. "How to spoil a day!" I joked. He laughed. "We can go to the library." I nodded. But as soon as we entered the school I heard police cars. I turned around. They all stopped. I got out. This was not happening. "John! What are you doing?" I asked. "Putting you under surveillance. One guard will be with you at all time and one police car will follow you wherever you go." He didn't just say that. "I don't need any kind of surveillance." Jason held my hand. I groaned. "If you want a guard to be with me all time he can't be to close." He nodded. I left. "This is so bad!" I put my hands threw my blond hair.