#CHAPTER 28 PART 1

My phone rang and surprisingly, it was Charles. "Hello?" I answered. "Hi. My parents are looking for Michael. He's gone with my car. They're freaking out. Please tell me he's with you." He actually sounded worried. "No. We broke up." I said. We hadn't actually but I didn't know how to be with him after what happened. "Oh. Well do you know where he could be?" He asked. "No." He sighed. "I gave you shit like no other. But he did it for his own protection. The guy was gonna f****** kill him. Just know that. If he could have, he would have done otherwise. He really loves you. When he sees you, sparkles appear in his eyes and he smiles so much he has dimples. Don't forget that." He hung up. I felt like crying. I never even noticed. And I knew it was for self defense but I couldn't. I thought for a moment before calling him back. "Yes?" He asked. "Where we found cameras. John will understand." He sighed in relief and yelled to tell his farther. "Thanks carrot head." He hung up. I felt terrible for not going there. But I couldn't go there. I couldn't look at him. So I decided to stay in my room, locked up. My parents would see me for meals and that's it.

Michael's POV:
I heard a knock on the door. I didn't know who it was. I whipped my tears away and walked to the front door. I opened it. It was John and Charles. I rolled my eyes and walked back in. "Michael, come back!" John yelled. I didn't listen. "Come on man! Just because you broke up with Jason doesn't mean you can ignore us!" I sighed. "We're not broken up. He's just having a hard time processing everything." He laughed. "He told me you broke up!" My heart got crushed into billions of pieces. I whipped a tear away. "You can take your car back. I'm staying here." My voice was starting to crackle. I walked in the bedroom. I hadn't even had time to clear up the place. The candles and petals were still there. I took a candle and threw it on the wall. I threw a few more before John held me back. "Calm down, Michael!" I nearly cried. "I wish he would have killed me. I wish he would have killed me when he killed my parents. I wish I could feel his bullet through my head." I said. "Don't say that." I chuckled. "I just did." I laid on the bed. Next to me was the card. I cried and held the card tightly in my arms. "Michael. Come home. Please." I whipped my tears away. "Ok." We walked to the car. "Go with Charles. Franky just called me." I nodded. "So, you didn't know you weren't together anymore?!" He said with a grin on his face. "Shut up!" He laughed. "But seriously, what you did, it was brave. Like real brave. I would have waited for the police to come but you went out there." I chuckled. "He would have found me and killed me in the heat of the moment. I had to go out. He was hurting people." I tapped my shoulder. "You're not a killer, man. You defended yourself. He had a f****** knife at your neck. You can't tell me you could have done something else." I shrugged. "I could have let him kill me. Or I also could have stayed in the fire so I could burn to death." He sighed. "Don't say that. Jason broke up with you. Don't think of killing yourself." I chuckled. "He thinks I'm a freaking killer!" He shut up.

We arrived home. I walked straight to my bedroom. There was pictures of him on my wall. I unpinned them and threw them. I cried. After an hour, I decided to hang the pictures back. I pinned them back on the wall and pinned the card with it. "Good memories." I told myself. "Think of good memories, happy times." I took a deep breath until someone knocked on the door. "Michael! Jason's here!" I laughed. "Tell him to leave." He told him. "He's not going anywhere." I sighed. "Tell him to F****** F*** OFF!" I yelled. I was mad at him. Mad at myself. I was sad. More than sad. And now he wanted to talk to me?!... When he said we were broken up, when he looked at me like I was a killer, when he crushed my heart into tiny pieces, not even the smartest man on earth couldn't fix it?!... Then I wouldn't want him here. "He's not going, though he did think about it." I groaned and opened the door to see him right in front of me. I just stared at him. He didn't say anything. "Right. Well next time you come, prepare a speech because reparing a heart you crushed into so many pieces is going to be very hard." He didn't say anything. "Goodbye Jason." I walked back in, leaving the door open, hoping he'd come in. But he didn't. Tears clouded my visions. "If you're not even gonna come in when I deliberately left it open for you, you can just leave. Because right now my heart can barely take it." A tear fell out of my eye. He didn't move. I closed the door. I took a deep breath, trying not to cry. But soon tears starting crawling down my face. I knew he was still there, so I cried in silence. I heard a knock on the door. I whipped my tears away and walked to open it.