#CHAPTER 26

I walked to school, scared and happy I would see Jason. I walked straight to his locker. "Hey." I said. "Hey." I smiled. "You Ok since yesterday?" I asked. He nodded. Then I heard a huge noise from a TV? I looked up and they actually had TVs in the school. It was the morning news. And it was talking about us. "Michael White is a killer's pray. 3 attempts of murder he was able to escape. Yesterday, his car blew up. He was lucky he found the bomb in time. Mr John. Do you have anything to say?" My heart was pumping out of my body. "There is no point of being scared. It's all fine. We have it under control. Michael is safe." Jason looked worried. "Is he really?" And then when I thought the worst had happened, I just had to go through this. "No! Not really!" I heard his voice. The TV shut down and I saw him in front of the school, with guns in his hands. People yelled for help. All the teachers took them to safety. They were hiding in classes. I was too paralysed. "Michael!" He yelled. Jason pulled me into a class. I was terrified. "Jason, he's gonna hurt people." I said. Then we heard a gun shot. I jumped. People yelled. "Michael! You wouldn't want anyone to die, would you? I thought you didn't want to hide? Are you scared? Michael!" I hugged Jason so tight. "I have to go." I whispered. "No! You're not going anywhere." I wanted to cry. I was shaking. We stayed there for an hour. He kept on looking at me. Kids would scream. "Michael. Come on. You know you need to come out." We were sitting down. The door opened. He opened it. Everyone ran out. We were hiding inside a closet. He closed back the door. I opened the closet's door. "Jason." I cried. "I can't let him hurt them. He wants me." Before he could protest, I ran out the door. He was just there. "Michael, you decided to come out." I nodded. "Kill me while you still can." I said. He laughed. He got closer and pointed a gun at my head. I just hope I don't need my mask. I kicked his arm and the gun fell. "Smart." He said. He pointed another gun at me. "Not smart." I said. I grabbed the gun and pointed it at him. "You won't kill me." He said. I smiled. Then I gasped for air. I continued pointing the gun at him. I threw the gun. He took a knife out. He went to stab me but I avoided it. "Need your mask?" He said, laughing. "No." Well, I lied. He grabbed me by the neck and put the knife in front of it. I got scared. I knew Jason was looking. "Jason! I know you're watching your boyfriend getting killed." He said. "Actually, he's watching your death." I turned around and stabbed his own knife into him. "Nice try!" I said. I pushed the knife deeper. "That was for killing my parents." I pushed it in again. "That's for killing everyone else." He dropped on the floor. His blood was on my hands. Jason ran out. "Michael!" He cried. "I'm Ok." I cried. He gave me my mask. I smiled and put it on. The police came. They all looked at me, kids and adults. John came. "Michael!" I hugged him. "It's Ok." I nodded. "You killed him?" I cried. I looked over him. He still had a smile on his face. "I want the knife back." I said. I took it out. "It's my trophy." Jason hugged me. And that day, I promised myself I would do anything for the country. I would fight evil until people are safe. I was going to go in the army.

The school was closed down for a month. The students had a few psychological help founded by the school. But for a month, that'd mean I'd get to spend it with Jason... Or that's what I thought.

"Jason. Hi." I said on the phone. It had been a week since I killed the guy and he hadn't talked to me. He wouldn't answer my calls. I tried to go to his house but his parents rejected me. I didn't know what to do. "Call back." My appointments had been changed to two a week. I was Ok. I mean I did have nightmares now and then about me killing him but I was coping with it. What was worst, was not knowing how Jason was. Not knowing if he was cutting himself again. I didn't know anything. I felt awful. So I decided to try and go to his house again... For the billionth time. But this time was different.

I don't actually know why I didn't think of it before but better late than never. I walked to the back of his house, where his room was facing. The window was closed but I'd beg him to open it. I climbed onto the wall, gripping onto windows and hooks. And I finally got there. I could see him reading. I knocked on the window. I couldn't not talk to him. He looked at me shocked. He turned around. I knocked again. He walked towards me. "OPEN." I yelled. He shook his head. I sighed. "OPEN OR I'LL BREAK IT." He shook his head. "Fine. I'll stay here anyway." I muttered. I crossed my arms and stood up straight. And then my foot slipped. I nearly fell but caught onto the side. I managed to get back up. And then I started gasping for air. I took my mask from my bag and breathed in. I hadn't even realised the window was open. When I did, I was hyperventilating.